Snow

Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of
Default Snow

Hi

We're down in devon, not that bad, been about 1/2 inch overnight, but its going to icy, more snow tonight, hows every one else??????????
Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:27 pm
loui5a

loui5a will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Snow

Oh snow here in Bangor N. Ireland and we are right on the coast. It snowed big fluffy balls today! Coldest I have seen it here is -4

Brrr

Louisa
Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:30 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Somerset (just over Devon border) 6" here overnight & this morning.
Very slippery off of main roads & on pavements. Exeter & Bristol airports closed. Ice the main problem tonight....more snow forecast for Sunday.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

See my posts

Wish is was in NZ

Here's why I want to be in NZ
Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of it here in Hertfordshire, 6 inches at least!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:18 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

inch or so last night then more today Just as the kids were coming out of school it really came down, huge snowflakes kids (and parents) were soooooo excited. Ice real cause for concern now overnight

More snow expected

Dewb x
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:21 pm
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Really deep in Stratford upon avon....they say we will have this frezzing weather and lots more snow for at least another month I love it.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:34 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil52
Really deep in Stratford upon avon....they say we will have this frezzing weather and lots more snow for at least another month I love it.
A MONTH! thought it was just a couple of weeks.

Cant seem to get carrots or spuds in shops yesterday or today, people panic buying driving me mad already

Dewb
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
A MONTH! thought it was just a couple of weeks.

Cant seem to get carrots or spuds in shops yesterday or today, people panic buying driving me mad already

Dewb
Nah, it's all the snowmen noses...

A good 5inches here I reckon and it's going to freeze tonight.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

What's Snow

Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:35 pm
Scorchy legs

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Nah, it's all the snowmen noses...

A good 5inches here I reckon and it's going to freeze tonight.

Going to sneak out and steal them back

Dewb
Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: Snow

My house is on top of a hill - could not get out of the town to the Motorway yesterday so gave up and drove back home. Could not get my car up the hill so abandoned it at the bottom.

This morning with wellington boots on, yard brush, shovel, blanket, water and sandwiches, oh and mobile fully charged - walked down the hill to get the car - then managed to reverse onto the A road and struggle to the motorway. I work in an NHS hospital and we had to cancel all the elective operations and Outpatient Clinics today.

Struggled to get car out of the hospital carpark and then drove home at 20 miles an hour in second or third gear with a grip like death on the steering wheel, black ice all over the roads - really scary.

Got to face it all again tomorrow.

Off to New Zealand on Wednesday next week - hope the airport is open so the plane can take off - very worrying. I have a virtual grandson and have not actually seen him yet and he is 9 months old - so please no more ice and snow where I live!!!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:41 pm
Scorchy legs

well done to you Paula and all those that work in the vital services that we need more than ever in this weather.

you get on that plane and see your little grandson.

DEwb
Originally Posted by Paula2007
My house is on top of a hill - could not get out of the town to the Motorway yesterday so gave up and drove back home. Could not get my car up the hill so abandoned it at the bottom.

This morning with wellington boots on, yard brush, shovel, blanket, water and sandwiches, oh and mobile fully charged - walked down the hill to get the car - then managed to reverse onto the A road and struggle to the motorway. I work in an NHS hospital and we had to cancel all the elective operations and Outpatient Clinics today.

Struggled to get car out of the hospital carpark and then drove home at 20 miles an hour in second or third gear with a grip like death on the steering wheel, black ice all over the roads - really scary.

Off to New Zealand on Wednesday next week - hope the airport is open so the plane can take off - very worrying. I have a virtual grandson and have not actually seen him yet and he is 9 months old - so please no more ice and snow where I live!!!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:46 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula2007

Hope you have a less stressful journey tomorrow

Don't think Heathrow was shut today, although Gatwick was for a bit, so reckon you'll be OK Paula hope you have a safe journey & bet you can't wait to hold that little chap in your arms!!
B x
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have a safe journey paula

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.