Sky Nz

Old Feb 5th 2015, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

sparky66789 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky Nz

I've got to say Sky Nz losing major sports events is so disappointing and when they have the 6 nations booked on the planner to then take it off the night before.

No EPL No 6 nations No Golf

Goodbye Sky sports!

Anybody know a good streaming site for sport??
Old Feb 5th 2015, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Nz

It's on the BBC so depending on what Internet provider you use you should be able to watch it on TVCatchup - Never Miss A Show Again. If it doesn't work you'll need a SmartDNS service, there's plenty to choose from. I now use UnblockUS at $5 a month, they offer a free 2 weeks trial.

SkyNZ have been ripping off kiwis for years and now it seems Kiwis are realising it. Losing the English Premier League rights was probably their first stupid decision, I think they underestimated how popular it is here.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like the 6 nations is on ESPN2 channel
Old Feb 6th 2015, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

sparky66789 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
It's on the BBC so depending on what Internet provider you use you should be able to watch it on TVCatchup - Never Miss A Show Again. If it doesn't work you'll need a SmartDNS service, there's plenty to choose from. I now use UnblockUS at $5 a month, they offer a free 2 weeks trial.

SkyNZ have been ripping off kiwis for years and now it seems Kiwis are realising it. Losing the English Premier League rights was probably their first stupid decision, I think they underestimated how popular it is here.
That's super, I'm going to try tonight with this.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

First Row, VIPBox, TVLemon, Cricfree, Filmon are all good sites
Old Feb 6th 2015, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Its not just in NZ. They lost all EPL rights worldwide. They also lost MotoGP rights around the same time.
I don't bother with the football anymore and now pay $160 a year to watch the bike racing from the MotoGP website
Old Feb 7th 2015, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Its not just in NZ. They lost all EPL rights worldwide. They also lost MotoGP rights around the same time.
I don't bother with the football anymore and now pay $160 a year to watch the bike racing from the MotoGP website
Apart from here and the UK I didn't know SkyTV was in any other countries.

Just paying for what you want to view via the Internet is certainly the future, paying for channels you never watch and adverts you don't want to see is out dated now and I think Sky are realising this, I read this week they're offering SuperRugby online for $300 a season, I reckon it's a bit steep for your average Kiwi when you can get stuff like MotoGP and the EPL for about half that.

Sommet Sports looks to be making a bit of a come back though, they're going to try and crowd fund the channel back to life. It had some good stuff on there to say it was Freeview, with a bit of work it could definetly work. Massive demand here for free sports like the stuff they had on like the Bundesliga, English football, motor racing and the Aussie Rules stuff.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Massive demand here for free sports
I'd say that applies to most things - people in NZ are well known for wanting something for nothing. In Australia, kiwi expats are known as bludgers.

An example would be talking to people who've worked the cruise ships into the Pacific - they can't stand the cruises out of NZ as the customers are so mean - want everything they can get for nothing.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bearskin
I'd say that applies to most things - people in NZ are well known for wanting something for nothing. In Australia, kiwi expats are known as bludgers.

An example would be talking to people who've worked the cruise ships into the Pacific - they can't stand the cruises out of NZ as the customers are so mean - want everything they can get for nothing.
I think that sort of proves the low wages and high cost of living in NZ, people have far less disposable income but that's a whole different discussion.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understand, sommet will have some minor advertising as that was their big miss. It'll only take place during breaks instead of long discussions about extreme sports.. Certainly be great to have the Aussie Rules, Bundesliga and Football League games on the box again

I pay $169 a year to get every single golf tournament live or highlights. I'll only sign up to the premier league pass in the event Wednesday get back into the PL which is highly unlikely in my lifetime.

The big problem sky sports have is not just the losing out on bids, but also what they show. I think they have 3 or 4 channels that they can't fill so end up re-playing Wellington Pheonix's game again 3 times or as per usual have 5 reruns a week of a Super Rugby or NRL match. There's really only so much one can take before saying that's it.