Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sick as a dog ... Scotty is dead ... :(

Sick as a dog ... Scotty is dead ... :(

Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:00 pm
Franklin

Default Sick as a dog ... Scotty is dead ... :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/1493093.stm

Sick as a parrot. He wasn't even Scottish. I am gutted is all I can say. He played a great part though. RIP Scotty.

Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:37 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sick as a dog ... Scotty is dead ... :(

Originally Posted by Franklin
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/1493093.stm

Sick as a parrot. He wasn't even Scottish. I am gutted is all I can say. He played a great part though. RIP Scotty.
Yep, a little known fact that 'Scotty' was Canadian and fought in the Second World War as well. Although I did forget that he became a father again in 200 at the age of 80!!

Here's to Scotty!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

very sad to say the least. I grew up with the original star trek then next Gerneration and then Voyager. That's when i got lost with DS9 and Enterprise. ( actually was busy looking after the house and family) beam me up Scotty was never said. Please can someone beam me to NZ? It's taking me a long time................
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:36 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave and Lyns
Yep, a little known fact that 'Scotty' was Canadian and fought in the Second World War as well. Although I did forget that he became a father again in 200 at the age of 80!!

Here's to Scotty!
Sad to hear but also came as a shock to know he was as old as that!! He bcame a father again at 80:scared: ...now thats a real shock but my OH is impressed by that
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:42 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shepslady
Sad to hear but also came as a shock to know he was as old as that!! He bcame a father again at 80:scared: ...now thats a real shock but my OH is impressed by that
As yes, Father in 2000 not 200, just to quash the rumours before they start.

I need to go steady on the red!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:36 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Dave and Lyns
As yes, Father in 2000 not 200, just to quash the rumours before they start.

I need to go steady on the red!!!
What, that he had 200 kids and not 2000? He was an amazingly talented man, "Know what you mean, nudge nudge, say no more!" RIP Scotty, and may your ashes revolve around the sun for centuries to come. Technically they will, even if they are not blasted into space. (According to his Will, his ashes are to be blasted into space.)

Last edited by Franklin; Jul 23rd 2005 at 9:40 pm.

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:58 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin

RIP Scotty, and may your ashes revolve around the sun for centuries to come. Technically they will, even if they are not blasted into space. (According to his Will, his ashes are to be blasted into space.)

Oh my Franklin you are a knowledgable man arent you! How on earth did you find that out or was it a 'News item"

Guess it would be kind of fitting for the man wouldnt it & heres me thinking Im kinda weird for wanting my ashes scattered under the goal posts of the homeground of my beloved Canterbury Crusaders Rugby Team
Each to his own I guess huh!
Old Jul 24th 2005, 12:52 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by shepslady
*snip*
Guess it would be kind of fitting for the man wouldnt it & heres me thinking Im kinda weird for wanting my ashes scattered under the goal posts of the homeground of my beloved Canterbury Crusaders Rugby Team
Each to his own I guess huh!
Doesn't sound that strange, I heard/read somewhere that there are loads of Llanelli rugby fans who (naturally after they are dead) want their ashes scattered on the rugby ground at Stradey Park, God Bless their cotton socks!