British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Shredded suet (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/shredded-suet-485773/)

UKNZAUS Oct 7th 2007 2:34 am

Shredded suet

Please someone help me!

I was in Pak N Save stalking the aisles yesterday looking for this and didn't have a bloody clue where it would be :( Can anyone tell me where I can find it and what its called please :) ??

Straight after said shopping trip I went to get petrol (new Pak N Save fuel pumps) and some b*tch drove right through and took my car door clean off as I was just about to get out! She blamed 'ME' and wouldn't even accept responsibility after security reviewed the tapes! :eek::frown: Luckily I was on my own as kids were at home with Carl when this happened ... I just sat in the car and cried! Got witnesses and video evidence to sort it but now I'm carless and moving house next weekend :(

Anyway, suet ... can anyone help please ?!

karonious Oct 7th 2007 2:51 am

Re: Shredded suet

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 5396106)
Please someone help me!

I was in Pak N Save stalking the aisles yesterday looking for this and didn't have a bloody clue where it would be :( Can anyone tell me where I can find it and what its called please :) ??

Straight after said shopping trip I went to get petrol (new Pak N Save fuel pumps) and some b*tch drove right through and took my car door clean off as I was just about to get out! She blamed 'ME' and wouldn't even accept responsibility after security reviewed the tapes! :eek::frown: Luckily I was on my own as kids were at home with Carl when this happened ... I just sat in the car and cried! Got witnesses and video evidence to sort it but now I'm carless and moving house next weekend :(

Anyway, suet ... can anyone help please ?!

First of all, what bloody bad luck Michelle, hope you get some satisfaction getting the car sorted out.
I found suet at the Slyvia Park pac & save in the 'english' aisle.
This has definitely come up before so do a search and see what pops up :thumbup:

SarahB Oct 7th 2007 3:37 am

Yes, I brought this up ages ago. Somebody told me its called Shreddo. I am yet to see any in the shops so I gave up. Id love to make beef stew and proper dumplings... mmmmm.:D

Sorry to hear about your car..... good job it wasnt you she took out!! Hope you get it sorted soon.

SarahB

donnaf Oct 7th 2007 4:08 am

Spackster gets this in Pac n Save - definitely called Shreddo but I can't remember which aisle, but I'm sure it's not where you would expect it! PM Spackster:)

luvwelly Oct 7th 2007 4:38 am

Or if all else fails, you can get the vegetarian Atora version from here:
http://www.coolbritannia.co.nz/condiments2.htm

TeamEmbo Oct 7th 2007 5:44 am

Shreddo is usually in a margarine type looking tub in the aisle where you'll also get cooking oil. It is not in the chillers! It's not quite the same as Atora but does make great dumplings. You can use butter as a substitute.

donnaf Oct 7th 2007 6:03 am

Meant to say ... how terrible about the car! Also what are you making with the suet????

Spacecake799 Oct 7th 2007 8:28 am

Originally Posted by donnaf (Post 5396401)
Meant to say ... how terrible about the car! Also what are you making with the suet????

Hi Michelle,
BK4square in Torbay has shreddo. Bramptins in browns bay has suet and i buy it from www.theenglishcornershop.co.nz for my bread pudding.

Why you moving so soon? Where you off to?

Carole

Reedy Oct 7th 2007 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by SarahB (Post 5396232)
Yes, I brought this up ages ago. Somebody told me its called Shreddo. I am yet to see any in the shops so I gave up. Id love to make beef stew and proper dumplings... mmmmm.:D

Sorry to hear about your car..... good job it wasnt you she took out!! Hope you get it sorted soon.

SarahB

Funny that - guess what we are having for dinner today back in Wales?????

Suicide Sheep Oct 7th 2007 6:14 pm

Michelle,

So sorry to hear about your accident, but the main thing is that you were not hurt!:cry_smile:
Keep smiling hun, and hope that the move goes well!

Sorry, in the wrong place to help with the suet!

Off2NZ Oct 7th 2007 6:42 pm

Sarah, I think it was us having a discussion about suet a few months ago. Pak n Save in Botany used to sell Shreddo as that's where I used to get it from. As someone else said, it's in margarine type tubs and I think on the top shelf near cooking oils. Failing PnS you might get some in Woolworths (Meadowlands in Howick was the one I used).

Also Bramptins in Pakuranga sometimes sell the veggie Atora - expensive though from what I can remember!

Happy hunting and dumpling making!

UKNZAUS Oct 7th 2007 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Spacecake799 (Post 5396669)
Hi Michelle,
BK4square in Torbay has shreddo. Bramptins in browns bay has suet and i buy it from www.theenglishcornershop.co.nz for my bread pudding.

Why you moving so soon? Where you off to?

Carole

Thanks all :) I'm planning on making Jam Roly Poly - I miss it sooooo much :sneaky:

Carole - landlord wouldn't give us long-term tenancy after promising he would when visa came through, THEN decided he wanted his house back, THEN said we could have 6m tenancy (we wanted 12m at least!) so we looked elsewhere very quickly and found one in Orewa and signed THEN landlord changed his mind again and said we could have 12m tenancy! :mad: *Censored words added here*

Not had much luck recently - landlady of holiday apartment we stayed in has billed us for electric and internet when the contract/email states all bills INCLUDED in the $5000 we paid for 7 weeks to stay there! :mad: Then there are the small little things that just keep happening to try and upheave us! BUT things could be a lot worse, so I'm not going to go on about it all !!! :(

I'll have to make a trip down to SP Pak N Save now 'just for the suet love, no retail therapy - honestly' :blink:;)

Here comes the sun Oct 7th 2007 8:58 pm

Sorry about the car, but what is suet? Loads of people post about it but ive never come accross it!

11ThousandMilesFromHome Oct 8th 2007 9:35 am

if you want some posting over let me know and your wish is my command

luv Mandie.H

lardyl Oct 8th 2007 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun (Post 5398756)
Sorry about the car, but what is suet? Loads of people post about it but ive never come accross it!

"suet pudding? suet pudding?......"

that advert/sketch was probably before your time - I just about remember it but can't even guess what it was about./???????

Hey Michelle - do you need some wheels over the weekend? Are you being moved professionally? If not my Soob SW has a tow bar and roof rails so I could do a bit of collect and drop for you......just PM me. :)