British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/should-i-wait-till-points-system-updated-before-submitting-eoi-please-advise-899384/)

CatLady1234 Jul 11th 2017 4:07 am

Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

I now have a job offer in New Zealand (I'm a nurse and have been waiting for a job offer so can lodge my application for skilled migrant visa).
From 19th July onwards there will be no further selections from the pool of EOIs until the visa points for smv have been adjusted.
My question is should I wait till immigration have updated the points system before submitting my expression of interest or would it be ok to submit it now?
Thanks a lot.

inkedneonurse Jul 11th 2017 4:55 am

Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 (Post 12291410)
I now have a job offer in New Zealand (I'm a nurse and have been waiting for a job offer so can lodge my application for skilled migrant visa).
From 19th July onwards there will be no further selections from the pool of EOIs until the visa points for smv have been adjusted.
My question is should I wait till immigration have updated the points system before submitting my expression of interest or would it be ok to submit it now?
Thanks a lot.

Get it in online now, the rate that immigration rules change you never know what's round the corner

CatLady1234 Jul 11th 2017 7:57 am

Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Thank you for your advice!

I am having trouble with the EOI form. I went to submit but did not submit, went to make changes-edit- as said I could before submitting and I am trying to put my family members in who aren't on my application-but I enter it and it will not save. Is there anything I can do to sort this out?

inkedneonurse Jul 11th 2017 11:45 am

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 (Post 12291537)
Thank you for your advice!

I am having trouble with the EOI form. I went to submit but did not submit, went to make changes-edit- as said I could before submitting and I am trying to put my family members in who aren't on my application-but I enter it and it will not save. Is there anything I can do to sort this out?

I reported this particular glitch as my other family kept disappearing, I made sure that was the last ting I put in then submitted it

CatLady1234 Jul 11th 2017 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse (Post 12291706)
I reported this particular glitch as my other family kept disappearing, I made sure that was the last ting I put in then submitted it

Oh really! You had the same trouble? I'm still struggling with putting any of my family members in. It is the last thing to include on my application. It just never saves after I have in put it all. Is there anything you can suggest that might sort this out? I was considering placing my family information in the text box where you talk about your skills. Would this be appropriate? Otherwise I will have to start all over again which is don't fancy but guess might have to. What do you think?

inkedneonurse Jul 11th 2017 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 (Post 12291851)
Oh really! You had the same trouble? I'm still struggling with putting any of my family members in. It is the last thing to include on my application. It just never saves after I have in put it all. Is there anything you can suggest that might sort this out? I was considering placing my family information in the text box where you talk about your skills. Would this be appropriate? Otherwise I will have to start all over again which is don't fancy but guess might have to. What do you think?

You can put it in without then correct it when you get your ITA...talking to INZ it's only for the purpose of if you want to secure a visa for them in the future

CatLady1234 Jul 11th 2017 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse (Post 12291854)
You can put it in without then correct it when you get your ITA...talking to INZ it's only for the purpose of if you want to secure a visa for them in the future

Really ok then I will take a chance and submit it without.Thanks for all your help in all of this. Much appreciated!

inkedneonurse Jul 11th 2017 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 (Post 12291858)
Really ok then I will take a chance and submit it without.Thanks for all your help in all of this. Much appreciated!

We've all been there mate, only glad to help

garethwm Jul 11th 2017 8:39 pm

As EscapedtoNZ said, anything could happen if you wait. Especially as we have an election coming up in September, and going by the polls, NZs anti immigration party, NZ First, could hold the balance of power.

inkedneonurse Jul 11th 2017 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by garethwm (Post 12292086)
As EscapedtoNZ said, anything could happen if you wait. Especially as we have an election coming up in September, and going by the polls, NZs anti immigration party, NZ First, could hold the balance of power.

:ohmy: whose taking credit for my advice......shocking:rofl:

escapedtonz Jul 12th 2017 12:42 am

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse (Post 12292088)
:ohmy: whose taking credit for my advice......shocking:rofl:

...and all without moving my lips :hysterical:

garethwm Jul 12th 2017 5:12 am

Haha. Whoops. Sorry inkedneonurse and escapedtonz. Complete brainfade on my part.

inkedneonurse Jul 12th 2017 6:08 am

Originally Posted by garethwm (Post 12292307)
Haha. Whoops. Sorry inkedneonurse and escapedtonz. Complete brainfade on my part.

Will forgive you this time:thumbsup: