Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

I now have a job offer in New Zealand (I'm a nurse and have been waiting for a job offer so can lodge my application for skilled migrant visa).
From 19th July onwards there will be no further selections from the pool of EOIs until the visa points for smv have been adjusted.
My question is should I wait till immigration have updated the points system before submitting my expression of interest or would it be ok to submit it now?
Thanks a lot.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 View Post
I now have a job offer in New Zealand (I'm a nurse and have been waiting for a job offer so can lodge my application for skilled migrant visa).
From 19th July onwards there will be no further selections from the pool of EOIs until the visa points for smv have been adjusted.
My question is should I wait till immigration have updated the points system before submitting my expression of interest or would it be ok to submit it now?
Thanks a lot.
Get it in online now, the rate that immigration rules change you never know what's round the corner

Last edited by inkedneonurse; Jul 11th 2017 at 5:00 am.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Thank you for your advice!

I am having trouble with the EOI form. I went to submit but did not submit, went to make changes-edit- as said I could before submitting and I am trying to put my family members in who aren't on my application-but I enter it and it will not save. Is there anything I can do to sort this out?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your advice!

I am having trouble with the EOI form. I went to submit but did not submit, went to make changes-edit- as said I could before submitting and I am trying to put my family members in who aren't on my application-but I enter it and it will not save. Is there anything I can do to sort this out?
I reported this particular glitch as my other family kept disappearing, I made sure that was the last ting I put in then submitted it
Old Jul 11th 2017, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse View Post
I reported this particular glitch as my other family kept disappearing, I made sure that was the last ting I put in then submitted it
Oh really! You had the same trouble? I'm still struggling with putting any of my family members in. It is the last thing to include on my application. It just never saves after I have in put it all. Is there anything you can suggest that might sort this out? I was considering placing my family information in the text box where you talk about your skills. Would this be appropriate? Otherwise I will have to start all over again which is don't fancy but guess might have to. What do you think?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh really! You had the same trouble? I'm still struggling with putting any of my family members in. It is the last thing to include on my application. It just never saves after I have in put it all. Is there anything you can suggest that might sort this out? I was considering placing my family information in the text box where you talk about your skills. Would this be appropriate? Otherwise I will have to start all over again which is don't fancy but guess might have to. What do you think?
You can put it in without then correct it when you get your ITA...talking to INZ it's only for the purpose of if you want to secure a visa for them in the future
Old Jul 11th 2017, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

You can put it in without then correct it when you get your ITA...talking to INZ it's only for the purpose of if you want to secure a visa for them in the future
Really ok then I will take a chance and submit it without.Thanks for all your help in all of this. Much appreciated!
Old Jul 11th 2017, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Really ok then I will take a chance and submit it without.Thanks for all your help in all of this. Much appreciated!
We've all been there mate, only glad to help
Old Jul 11th 2017, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

As EscapedtoNZ said, anything could happen if you wait. Especially as we have an election coming up in September, and going by the polls, NZs anti immigration party, NZ First, could hold the balance of power.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by garethwm View Post
As EscapedtoNZ said, anything could happen if you wait. Especially as we have an election coming up in September, and going by the polls, NZs anti immigration party, NZ First, could hold the balance of power.
whose taking credit for my advice......shocking
Old Jul 12th 2017, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

whose taking credit for my advice......shocking
...and all without moving my lips
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Haha. Whoops. Sorry inkedneonurse and escapedtonz. Complete brainfade on my part.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by garethwm View Post
Haha. Whoops. Sorry inkedneonurse and escapedtonz. Complete brainfade on my part.
Will forgive you this time