Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:07 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 106
CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

I now have a job offer in New Zealand (I'm a nurse and have been waiting for a job offer so can lodge my application for skilled migrant visa).
From 19th July onwards there will be no further selections from the pool of EOIs until the visa points for smv have been adjusted.
My question is should I wait till immigration have updated the points system before submitting my expression of interest or would it be ok to submit it now?
Thanks a lot.
CatLady1234 is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:55 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
inkedneonurse's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: Surrey
Posts: 507
inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 View Post
I now have a job offer in New Zealand (I'm a nurse and have been waiting for a job offer so can lodge my application for skilled migrant visa).
From 19th July onwards there will be no further selections from the pool of EOIs until the visa points for smv have been adjusted.
My question is should I wait till immigration have updated the points system before submitting my expression of interest or would it be ok to submit it now?
Thanks a lot.
Get it in online now, the rate that immigration rules change you never know what's round the corner

Last edited by inkedneonurse; Jul 11th 2017 at 5:00 am.
inkedneonurse is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2017, 7:57 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 106
CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Thank you for your advice!


I am having trouble with the EOI form. I went to submit but did not submit, went to make changes-edit- as said I could before submitting and I am trying to put my family members in who aren't on my application-but I enter it and it will not save. Is there anything I can do to sort this out?
CatLady1234 is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2017, 11:45 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
inkedneonurse's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: Surrey
Posts: 507
inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 View Post
Thank you for your advice!


I am having trouble with the EOI form. I went to submit but did not submit, went to make changes-edit- as said I could before submitting and I am trying to put my family members in who aren't on my application-but I enter it and it will not save. Is there anything I can do to sort this out?
I reported this particular glitch as my other family kept disappearing, I made sure that was the last ting I put in then submitted it
inkedneonurse is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2017, 3:20 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 106
CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse View Post
I reported this particular glitch as my other family kept disappearing, I made sure that was the last ting I put in then submitted it
Oh really! You had the same trouble? I'm still struggling with putting any of my family members in. It is the last thing to include on my application. It just never saves after I have in put it all. Is there anything you can suggest that might sort this out? I was considering placing my family information in the text box where you talk about your skills. Would this be appropriate? Otherwise I will have to start all over again which is don't fancy but guess might have to. What do you think?
CatLady1234 is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2017, 3:23 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
inkedneonurse's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: Surrey
Posts: 507
inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 View Post
Oh really! You had the same trouble? I'm still struggling with putting any of my family members in. It is the last thing to include on my application. It just never saves after I have in put it all. Is there anything you can suggest that might sort this out? I was considering placing my family information in the text box where you talk about your skills. Would this be appropriate? Otherwise I will have to start all over again which is don't fancy but guess might have to. What do you think?
You can put it in without then correct it when you get your ITA...talking to INZ it's only for the purpose of if you want to secure a visa for them in the future
inkedneonurse is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2017, 3:27 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 106
CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse View Post
You can put it in without then correct it when you get your ITA...talking to INZ it's only for the purpose of if you want to secure a visa for them in the future
Really ok then I will take a chance and submit it without.Thanks for all your help in all of this. Much appreciated!
CatLady1234 is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2017, 3:33 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
inkedneonurse's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: Surrey
Posts: 507
inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 View Post
Really ok then I will take a chance and submit it without.Thanks for all your help in all of this. Much appreciated!
We've all been there mate, only glad to help
inkedneonurse is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2017, 8:39 pm
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 422
garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

As EscapedtoNZ said, anything could happen if you wait. Especially as we have an election coming up in September, and going by the polls, NZs anti immigration party, NZ First, could hold the balance of power.
garethwm is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2017, 8:41 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
inkedneonurse's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: Surrey
Posts: 507
inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Originally Posted by garethwm View Post
As EscapedtoNZ said, anything could happen if you wait. Especially as we have an election coming up in September, and going by the polls, NZs anti immigration party, NZ First, could hold the balance of power.
whose taking credit for my advice......shocking
inkedneonurse is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2017, 12:42 am
  #11  
BE Forum Addict
 
escapedtonz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 1,442
escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse View Post
whose taking credit for my advice......shocking
...and all without moving my lips
escapedtonz is online now  
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:12 am
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 422
garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Haha. Whoops. Sorry inkedneonurse and escapedtonz. Complete brainfade on my part.
garethwm is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2017, 6:08 am
  #13  
BE Enthusiast
 
inkedneonurse's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: Surrey
Posts: 507
inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I wait till points system updated before submitting EOI? Please advise!

Originally Posted by garethwm View Post
Haha. Whoops. Sorry inkedneonurse and escapedtonz. Complete brainfade on my part.
Will forgive you this time
inkedneonurse is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.