Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shock, horror, tornado hits Auckland

Shock, horror, tornado hits Auckland

Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice
Default Shock, horror, tornado hits Auckland

Thought this might be topical in view of a recent post on NZ weather.

I was checking to see if there was any chance of it stopping raining this week and had a look at my usual weather page http://www.metvuw.com/

If you are quick, the front page has some nice photos of auckland in the mist, and some very strange weather over the wairarapa.
If the pictures are already gone, check the previous photos of the week, dated 5/7/05

The forecast charts on that web page are very good, for anyone who hasn't found them yet. Looks like it might be dry on wednesday/thursday.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shock, horror, tornado hits Auckland

Originally Posted by extrameant
Thought this might be topical in view of a recent post on NZ weather.

I was checking to see if there was any chance of it stopping raining this week and had a look at my usual weather page http://www.metvuw.com/

If you are quick, the front page has some nice photos of auckland in the mist, and some very strange weather over the wairarapa.
If the pictures are already gone, check the previous photos of the week, dated 5/7/05

The forecast charts on that web page are very good, for anyone who hasn't found them yet. Looks like it might be dry on wednesday/thursday.

Thanks for sharing that site. Great photos , I can't stop looking at the them.

Last edited by annaerb; Jul 11th 2005 at 5:01 am.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice

Originally Posted by annaerb
Thanks for sharing that site. Great photos , I can't stop looking at the them.
Must admit my favourite are the Aurora Australis
http://www.metvuw.com/index-20050524.php

I have only ever seen the northern lights in Scotland in a basic green, nothing like the colours there.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Yes, Looked at those photos, absolutely stunning. I have been looking for ages now at all the photos. I actually sent off two of my own. I'll see if I can put them on here. Not great but I like them.

Thanks again
Carol
Old Jul 11th 2005, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

These are taken from home looking out to Rangitoto Island, Auckland
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Very nice photos, and a million $ view.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:11 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Thats the exact view that my Mother and Fatherinlaw have (including norfolk pine) if you pan right can you see auckland and the lights of the skytower?

Stunning photos
Old Jul 11th 2005, 3:31 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful pics....
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:12 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Shock, horror, tornado hits Auckland

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Beautiful pics....
Does anyone have any good sunrise pics, as I love these sorts of pics, and have been collecting some from around the world? Pam
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:18 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Does anyone have any good sunrise pics, as I love these sorts of pics, and have been collecting some from around the world? Pam
Sunrise Hut Sunrise - NZ!!

Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:20 pm
Don't let me get me....

Castlepoint Lighthouse - NZ

Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:24 pm
Don't let me get me....

Otago Peninsula - NZ

That is gorgeous and so pink too!!!
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:29 pm
Don't let me get me....

Last one or I could be here all night!! But this is a cracker...

Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thats the exact view that my Mother and Fatherinlaw have (including norfolk pine) if you pan right can you see auckland and the lights of the skytower?

Stunning photos

I'm moving the camera left (from my deck) and zooming in looking at Auck City.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Day Time Photos.

Last edited by annaerb; Jul 11th 2005 at 8:16 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.