Shipping to NZ

Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

VictoryV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping to NZ

Hi - we are due to move to Dunedin in August and havent yet sorted out our shipping (better get a move on!) We have had a couple of quotes but both seem kinda high and we're now wondering whether to take our whole house or just boxes of personal stuff? Also has anyone heard of or used Atlantis shipping as someone directed me to their website but i'd never heard of them and just wondered if anyone here had used them? We have lived in NZ a few years back and used Pickfords then but we didnt take all our furniture so it's a bit different this time round. Any advice much appreciated

Thankyou
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:12 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping to NZ

HI & welcome to you, not long to go for you

Sorry I was trying to move your thread to the main forum where more people will see it but having trouble doing it

I have not personally heard of Atlantis but someone may have. We are shipping our whole house, not a cheap business and are going with Excess International. From what people have posted on here I gather its best to take everything as its expensive to replace over in NZ.

Try posting again in the main forum you may have more of a response.

Good luck

Dewb
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:19 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

We're about to go with PSS. There's quite a few threads about shipping agents if you search around a bit - including prices. Having said that I haven't tried the search features yet!! I haven't heard of Atlantis either.

239 threads actuallly if you search for shipping under advanced search and New Zealand !!!!

Last edited by JohnThePom; Jul 8th 2010 at 10:22 pm. Reason: Added search details...
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not shipping a container as all my actual furniture is on its last legs and really not worth it.
However I am shipping a pile of boxes via Seven Seas if you want any info on that option.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:34 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VictoryV
Hi - we are due to move to Dunedin in August and havent yet sorted out our shipping (better get a move on!) We have had a couple of quotes but both seem kinda high and we're now wondering whether to take our whole house or just boxes of personal stuff? Also has anyone heard of or used Atlantis shipping as someone directed me to their website but i'd never heard of them and just wondered if anyone here had used them? We have lived in NZ a few years back and used Pickfords then but we didnt take all our furniture so it's a bit different this time round. Any advice much appreciated

Thankyou
Contact Barnes of Lincoln and ask to speak to Julian. They moved us here and were cheaper than any of the other companies.........
Old Jul 14th 2010, 8:11 am
Just Joined

VictoryV is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thanks v much for all the info. I am just waiting on quotes from Excess and one other then will be making up my mind. It's so difficult as there is so much that we want to take but having looked at some furniture websites online for Dunedin then it looks as though we can also get some furniture at fairly reasonable prices. I had also heard that NZ isnt cheap so best to take it all but our bed came from NZ in the first place (we lived in Auckland for a couple of years) and is is in top condition so def want to take that back! Anyway will let you know who we decide to go with - not long to go now before we're in the midst of a harsh South Island winter!!
Old Jul 14th 2010, 9:41 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Shipping to NZ

For what its worth I used Excess International .. very pleased I was with 'em too
Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VictoryV

Thankyou

Avoid Crown!

PS:- we didn't photograph everything and apart from the hassle of getting the family grandfather clock 'repaired' due to their total incompetence, there were numerous small items missing- ie unopened boxed set of 'Blue Planet' CDs for my grandchildren, boxed set of all Queen's recordings MOH's, individual items of porcelain from sets and picture glass (broken, rather than perloined). Heartbreaking at the time but responsibility specific to one individual at Crown's Leeds depot, who had not logged move and brought in part gangs from all over at the last minute in order to fulfill contract on time.
If it can happen in Leeds, with the subsequent lack of support and help from the company which followed, it could happen anywhere, so make sure you photograph everythimg - when they tell you to leave your house and let them get on with it-- decline! Roam! Watch and PHOTOGRAPH everything!
Otherwise how are you going to prove that a small £250 piece of porcelaine really was on the dresser?
Others have found them to be wonderful, I can only speak from my own experience.
Now -everyday, as I drive past their depot in Nelson I feel - sick and cheated- whereas before Their LOGO, similar to a Royal Mail Logo of past, gave a feeling of reliability.

Last edited by jennifer45; Jul 17th 2010 at 8:45 am. Reason: needed justifying.