Reload this Page >

Shipping Car Question

Shipping Car Question

Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

julie.lawrence will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Shipping Car Question

Hi
Can anyone please advise whether it is best to ship a reasonable condition car to NZ (what are approx costs and what are the registration requrements?) or, is it better to buy once there?

Many thanks for any advice
J&S
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shipping Car Question

It depends on what sort of car it is wether you can get parts for it or not. Also you will loose access to it for about 3 months (shipping time) and NZ is not a place to be witout a car. Also cars are relatively cheap in NZ so on balance I'd say sell it and use the money to buy when you arrive in NZ.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:11 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
It depends on what sort of car it is wether you can get parts for it or not. Also you will loose access to it for about 3 months (shipping time) and NZ is not a place to be witout a car. Also cars are relatively cheap in NZ so on balance I'd say sell it and use the money to buy when you arrive in NZ.

Is that Japanese cars or all cars? I have a VW Passat and would be looking for one over there....is it worth me shipping it? As far as I can see VW's are quite pricey over there?
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sally1 will become famous soon enoughSally1 will become famous soon enough

European cars are expensive to look after in NZ, Japanese alot cheaper because of access to parts etc. Would cost alot to ship, think there has been a previous thread on cars....somewhere! I am sure some-one can anwser you in more detail than I can.