Reload this Page >

Shipping belongings from the UK to Wellington

Shipping belongings from the UK to Wellington

Old Feb 7th 2009, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

zetland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping belongings from the UK to Wellington

Hello,
We're looking into moving to Wellington. Regarding shipping, can anyone give me some advice on how much it would cost , how long it takes, and which firms are to be recommended? Many thanks in advance,
Old Feb 7th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping belongings from the UK to Wellington

Originally Posted by zetland
Hello,
We're looking into moving to Wellington. Regarding shipping, can anyone give me some advice on how much it would cost , how long it takes, and which firms are to be recommended? Many thanks in advance,
Many firms will ship it as soon as they can if that is what is equired. They can also store it (at a cost) till you say ship it... It will also depend on whether you are having a container to yourself or are sharing one... Allow about 6 weeks for it to get to NZ from leaving the UK... it may come straight into Welligton or it may come into Auckland then gt transported down by rail, ours did. We used PSS and for a 20ft of shared containe cost us about 3,000 pounds or just under. A full container to ourselves was about 700 more. Get about three quotes... i'd recommend PSS but they use NZ Van Lines this side, who are not up to the same standards...
Old Feb 7th 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping belongings from the UK to Wellington

We are using PSS...they are coming to pack up all our worldy goods on Monday & Tuesday!
We have been quoted £3400 for sole use of a 20' container...this includes full insurance...not bad at all me thinks! I'd definately recommend getting yourselves a few quotes...then you can haggle them off against each other
We also got quotes off Allied Pickfords, Crown & Anglo Pacific...they all quoted between £3500-£3700...this was without insurance
They told us it will arrive at our home in NZ in around 8 weeks