Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shared containers and customs

Shared containers and customs

Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:08 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shared containers and customs

Hi

I'm in NZ now and waiting for my precious belongings to arrive which hopefully will be the end of this month. They're in a shared container and I was just wondering what happens at this end as far as customs inspections is concerned.
If they decide to do an inspection is the cost shared between all those with stuff in the container? Presumably they have to do it at the port of entry and they won't expect me to be there.
Any info would be appreciated

Sue
Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:52 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shared containers and customs

Sue we had a shared container and for us there were no extra costs. We're way up north so I don't actually know what happened to it all in Auckland but the customs stuff must have all been done as part of our shipping costs? We didn't get a bill or anything this end.
They just put all our stuff together and delivered it safely to us.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shared containers and customs

For us it was all delivered to our house (not a shared container), Prior to that I had to drive to the removal firm's agent in the Hutt Valley and sign loads of forms and declarations, pay a bill for some new furniture we declared and were bringing in and then on the actual day the container arrived at the house, Customs inspectors turned up wanting to look at certain things based on the packing lists...they snipped the pine cones off my artificial Xmas Tree for instance! (yes should have known beforehand about this).

So I'd say it varies...they were all pleasant to deal with though.