Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

sending game consoles by post from uk.

sending game consoles by post from uk.

Old Jul 29th 2010, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough
Default sending game consoles by post from uk.

Hi There,
Just a quick question .My son is after a blue psp which is only available in the uk atm .Can I get my parents to post one over for him and if so will we have to pay any tax on it .Thanks
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:17 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of
Default Re: sending game consoles by post from uk.

http://www.consumer.org.nz/news/view...ransaction-fee

If the value is under $400 looks like you'll be ok - don't know for sure.. but i reckon if they unpack the PSP and repackage it to look as if its been used you'll be ok..
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

It also helps if your parents tick the 'gift' box on the parcel.

I sent camera home that had broke and we got charged VAT and customs tax on it and had to apply and prove it was originally brought in the UK! Got the VAT back though!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.customs.govt.nz/importers...rs/default.htm

More info. some changes have just come into effect I believe.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Warrant will be invaldi if you do.
sony nz is nothing to do with sony uk
microsoft is the same although microsoft will repair red ring for free.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
Warrant will be invaldi if you do.
sony nz is nothing to do with sony uk
Warrant should be OK, we had a 9 month old UK PSP repaired in Auckland
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: sending game consoles by post from uk.

Thanks guys ,
some great responses ,think we may get one sent to parents and get them to send it on .Will let you know the outcome !
Old Jul 30th 2010, 1:09 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by colandros
I'll bear that in mind next time i have a decent curry

... sorry, you were referring to the Xbox problem weren't you

Last edited by bga; Jul 30th 2010 at 1:13 am.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bga
I'll bear that in mind next time i have a decent curry

... sorry, you were referring to the Xbox problem weren't you

Ewwwwww!!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Old Jul 30th 2010, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Not really sure why you'd want to, i reckon it'll cost more in the long run
when you add postage and insurance into the price.

PS3
Currys v jbhifi
$541.41 / $574.

Xbox360s (the latest one)
$431.13 / $449.

Wii
$387.80 / 374.

PSP (Inc 2 games)
$389.87 / $324.

Nintendo DSi
$259.84 / $319.

If it was me i'd buy here for peace of mind
Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Its all to do with the colour apparently ( according to my nearly 13 year old !).He really wants the blue version of the psp ,and has asked everywhere here in Nz and they dont stock them.Found one for a really good price in M and S of all places ,.Think it was something like £129.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Kids eh!!
Of course the colour is everything
Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Have offered to paint one for him ,but he is having none of it