Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Selling sex legally in New Zealand

Selling sex legally in New Zealand

Old Mar 17th 2009, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice
Default Selling sex legally in New Zealand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/7927461.stm
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of
Default Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

Looked up the link, $140 ph girlfriend is well impressed, so it this on the skills shortage list.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

In Christchurch, the long term prospects arent so good..,

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/772189
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Browner_
In Christchurch, the long term prospects arent so good..,

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/772189
oh bugger she'll have to reconsider!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjthefridge
oh bugger she'll have to reconsider!
I think Strippers are on the skills shortage list, they ship them in from Hungary all the time.

So Ive heard.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

I think Strippers are on the skills shortage list, they ship them in from Hungary all the time.

So Ive heard.
I'll put that one to her,be cool going on her visa, she'll have to practice her dancing skills, could be interesting
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE "It's important to blow down the stereotypes about sex workers - particularly that of the poor girl who is coerced into doing it."

I would argue that they are effectively co-erced by the poor level of earnings available generally....I prefer the legalised model as it takes the crime/underworld element out of it a bit, but it's a shame people don't have more self-respect so as to resist such degrading work in the first place
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luvwelly
.. it's a shame people don't have more self-respect so as to resist such degrading work in the first place
Its one way of getting more than $12 and hour though isnt it?

God, if I was a girl Id be earning some cash on the side I can tell you.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE "It's important to blow down the stereotypes about sex workers - particularly that of the poor girl who is coerced into doing it."

I would argue that they are effectively co-erced by the poor level of earnings available generally....I prefer the legalised model as it takes the crime/underworld element out of it a bit, but it's a shame people don't have more self-respect so as to resist such degrading work in the first place

and i wasn't being serious, but....... If women enjoy it and the brothels are properly police and girls are screened(as in amsterdam) better to be legal and safe, earning a good living, than being pimped on a street corner.

Oh and dancing practice is going really well,
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

oh and she wouldn't go below $160ph, 8hr day, 5 days a week, equals

big house and nice boat. ha ha
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

No you wouldn't, and yes that's what I said...it's so attractive because of the low level of wages elsewhere.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

and i wasn't being serious, but....... If women enjoy it and the brothels are properly police and girls are screened(as in amsterdam) better to be legal and safe, earning a good living, than being pimped on a street corner.

Oh and dancing practice is going really well,
Yeah that's what I said too..I prefer the legal model BUT only a man would have the audacity to imply any female would enjoy being a prostitute...to do so, she'd have to have extremely low self-esteem and low self-worth.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

No you wouldn't, and yes that's what I said...it's so attractive because of the low level of wages elsewhere.

oh what ever, we're off to bed, dancing practice knackered her out.

see ya
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:02 pm
Banned

TurnersNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

8hr day, 5 days a week,
Some how I dont think thats achievable
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

I know someone who did it. She worked as a prostitute (working girl) until she was 30. Her Mum still thinks she was an elderly caregiver. She has a partner and most of her "working" friends have partners, or husbands, who are OK with it! Her goal was to save enough by her 30th birthday to make serious inroads into the mortgage. She always maintained that she enjoyed it, but when she reached 30 she told us she couldn't wait to stop - "My body. MINE."
I suspected she'd go back to it as she couldn't earn anything like that working in the department store she now works in. I wonder what she said in her interview when they asked if she had any experience in selling

So far she hasn't gone back to it, which suggests to me that she'd rather earn less and have her self to herself.
But making it legal does make it safer for the ladies I believe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.