Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Scottish Family on it's way (I hope??)

Scottish Family on it's way (I hope??)

Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Scottish Family on it's way (I hope??)

Hi All,

Just thought I would post a note to hear what it's like on the other side of the world?

I'm hoping for good news on Monday night about a job offer in Auckland. If succesful, I would be moving over with my family. I have a girl of 12 & Boy of 6, and of course my wife.

My wife is still unsure of the move, so it would be good to hear from others who have already made the move, also families we can meet up with when we arrive, as I think my wife is concerned of being alone in another country.... I'm sure a lot of people will be able to relate to this. If I could just calm her fears and here some good stories from you this will make things easier, should we have to move.

Thanks to All.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:20 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Family on it's way (I hope??)

Welcome to the forum, seems to be a fair few Scots, myself included, on here recently
I would suggest you invest in some webcams for your families so you can keep in touch. It makes the world seem smaller if you can see who you are talking to. I was concerned that out daughter would leave Britain as a little girl (10) and maybe not see her brothers again until she was a young woman. But that concern has ben dispelled, they can see her growing already. My sons are in their early 20's and still live near Elgin. Where are you based at the moment?
Karen B
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

hello & welcome,
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:36 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

hello, I'm another of the Scottish people on here Not in Auckland though so can't help you there - but we do love it here - thought I'd say hi.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by karonious
Welcome to the forum, seems to be a fair few Scots, myself included, on here recently
I would suggest you invest in some webcams for your families so you can keep in touch. It makes the world seem smaller if you can see who you are talking to. I was concerned that out daughter would leave Britain as a little girl (10) and maybe not see her brothers again until she was a young woman. But that concern has ben dispelled, they can see her growing already. My sons are in their early 20's and still live near Elgin. Where are you based at the moment?
Karen B
Hi & Thanks for the info. It is amazing how small the world can be with computers. I'm in Tayport in Fife at present....
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Scottish Family on it's way (I hope??)

Hi! Im in Lanarkshire and trying to convince my hubbie that NZ is the place for us. He is the one thats nervous. Hopefully we will get out for a holiday in the summer. Good luck with job.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jill1420
Hi! Im in Lanarkshire and trying to convince my hubbie that NZ is the place for us. He is the one thats nervous. Hopefully we will get out for a holiday in the summer. Good luck with job.
Thanks..... If it does go well I'll make sure I let you know what it's like!!