British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Scorching ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/scorching-643989/)

garfield250 Dec 16th 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Scorching !

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris (Post 8178124)
As it is a nice day in New Plymouth, I thought I just needed to tell someone!! :thumbup: Clear blue sky and no clouds ..... scorchio:thumbsup:

Ditto for the Wanganui District....................high whispy cloud, blue sky......a small zephyer of a breeze air conditioner in the office cranked up a notch..............cough cough...........do not feel so well..... will have to tell the boss I will have to go off :rofl:

willand tina_h Dec 16th 2009 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by garfield250 (Post 8178145)
Ditto for the Wanganui District....................high whispy cloud, blue sky......a small zephyer of a breeze air conditioner in the office cranked up a notch..............cough cough...........do not feel so well..... will have to tell the boss I will have to go off :rofl:

why yes garfield get home on the "dick" and get some ice cold juice in your hand, sit back and relax :drinkwine: :shades_smile: have a good day in sunny NZZZZ................. catch ya all soon, clearing out me wardrobe at the moment as pickfords coming in tomorrow to pack up house, woohoo.. So glad when 2mrw is over.

Tina. x

Psychopandy Dec 16th 2009 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by willand tina_h (Post 8178157)
why yes garfield get home on the "dick" and get some ice cold juice in your hand, sit back and relax :drinkwine: :shades_smile: have a good day in sunny NZZZZ................. catch ya all soon, clearing out me wardrobe at the moment as pickfords coming in tomorrow to pack up house, woohoo.. So glad when 2mrw is over.

Tina. x

How can you be clearing the wardrobe and typing on here??? me thinks you is doing half a job :rofl:

go away and focus on the task in hand

has the boy got over himself yet?

BEVS Dec 16th 2009 9:47 pm

Lovely and warm. Definitely a shorts and tee shirt day today.

garfield250 Dec 16th 2009 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8178311)
Lovely and warm. Definitely a shorts and tee shirt day today.

Togs......Togs......Togs............Undies........ ...Undies.............Togs!

BEVS Dec 18th 2009 4:57 am

Scorching :eek:

I was trying to do some Crimbo shopping but me jandals were frazzling to the pavements.

scrubbedexpat094 Jan 21st 2010 7:19 pm

Re: Wain !

We had our first proper rain since before Christmas yesterday. What a relief, the air smelled lovely & fresh afterwards. The lake near us was getting very empty, infact it was totally dry up our end :eek: It's still crossable near us but now I would have to wear gum boots.

In the late afternoon it was hot & sunny again.

BEVS Jan 31st 2010 8:29 pm

The last two days have been scorching hot and sunny. :eek: We are scorched. The cats are flopping around. The ducks and chickens , seeking the shade.

Persephone Jan 31st 2010 9:36 pm

I'm staying inside today as it is too hot:eek:

I don't tan, I turn bright red especially the nose what with me being a pale skinned north eastern lass...Sometimes factor 50 just isn't enough

BEVS Dec 1st 2010 8:44 pm

The sun is out and it's been scorching. :eek:

bourbon-biscuit Dec 2nd 2010 2:36 am

It's been scorching for over a week here- lovely and to top it off it's still cool at night. Perfect. :thumbup:

simonsi Dec 2nd 2010 3:40 am

As Pooh would say, an unscorching day today in Auckland...:D

Bo-Jangles Dec 2nd 2010 7:25 am

Aye, a very mediocre overcast and grey day today here. As the weather forecaster was saying it was another hot and sunny Auckland day today, it was actually raining, although it has been scorchio for the past few weeks.

It has been unusually hot and dry since Labour weekend. Last week I noticed the lawn already has huge cracks in it that you can fit your hand in. :ohmy:

Stormer999 Dec 2nd 2010 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9015564)
The sun is out and it's been scorching. :eek:

Could I kindly remind you lot that some of us on this site are still in the UK:frown: It's -1C to-day and forecast -10C tonight. The road is a glass sheet so I can't get my motorbike out and people are as moody as hell because they are cold and have not had a summer for four years now. Other than that we don't really hate you lot too much...;) Sometimes prefer it when you are moaning about food costs..........:rofl:

bourbon-biscuit Dec 3rd 2010 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9016786)
Sometimes prefer it when you are moaning about food costs..........:rofl:

Trouble is this is SUMMER and all the summer fruit and veg is now becoming cheap as so there won't be much moanin' for a while. I have fresh apricot crumble baking the oven and we're munching asparagus heaps. Aubergines are now $1.50 and from now on for months it's just munch munch munch. Mmmmm