Schooling

Old Aug 29th 2011, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Moliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really nice
Default Schooling

We have an 11 year old daughter due to finish primary school in Warkworth in December, she has not settled well and has no real friends here yet.She has piano lessons (loves) and goes to girl guides (grumbling, I make her go)and was / is a happy child. Been in NZ for 10 months Warkworth for 3 the Shore first (didn't like the shore!) As liked more rural area.. She wants to go home to the Senior school her uk friends are going to which she misses terribly ( missing my network too!) in Sep.She would go to Mahurangi College if staying here. One dilemma is...I have heard mixed reports about the school here some not good at all and the one in the UK is very good I feel she would be better back in the UK. No amount of homework and research could have prepared me for the feeling that the education system here is woefully lacking.
There is so much we love about NZ and if it was just OH and me we'd just carry on enjoying what we like and ignore what we don't. OH can't see himself being here forever either but going with the flow but I worry endlessly that she would have a brighter future back in the UK and the longer we leave it the harder it will be to change things. OH has a gr8 job here and would happily stay except for this issue! Doesn't help feeling homesick all round aghhh!! Like most parents we just want her to be happy and have the best opportunities.
Any suggestions or anyone have any experience with this College?