Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Saint George's Day.

Saint George's Day.

Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:42 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saint George's Day.

Off to the local in my red and white check Ben Sherman button down shirt. What could be more English? Oh i know....rugger.

Go the Chiefs!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 5:21 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saint George's Day.

St Who??????????
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Stormer999
St Who??????????
Doing your Gordon Brown/Government in general impression are we?

I clean forgot it was today too

Better break out the St. George's Cross..... Oh wait. Can't in England. May offend an immigrant!

Bet NZ arn't that petty. Sooner I get out there the better!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:31 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gizmo27
Doing your Gordon Brown/Government in general impression are we?

I clean forgot it was today too

Better break out the St. George's Cross..... Oh wait. Can't in England. May offend an immigrant!

Bet NZ arn't that petty. Sooner I get out there the better!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:32 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Stormers just being typically welsh!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Yotty
Stormers just being typically welsh!
Got me in one
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:52 am

That's a good point....Who's the patron Saint of NZ... St Francis Xavier? Dosn't sound Welsh!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:47 am
Just Joined

kevbiff is an unknown quantity at this point

....yep, more chance of getting a bank holiday in NZ for it being St Georges day, than you do in the UK.........as was previously mentioned, wouldn't want to offend anybody.........

....Get me of this crazy god damn island !!!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kevbiff
....Get me of this crazy god damn island !!!!!!
And to think we used to rule 25% of the planet and nobody dared fart incase it offended us! How far we have fallen.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:12 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy St Georges Day

Kids all dressed up in red & white for school today, they have a St Georges day tea arranged for this afternoon and are looking into the history of St George

Dewb
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Nozza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gizmo27

OK - this is another 'head scratcher' for me. Never ever ever, not even once, not even for one nanno second, whilst in England have I ever been reprimanded, scolded, asked to remove it or got in 'hot water' of any descripton over the flying/display of the England flag.

And I've asked around too, and none of my mates have either.

Also ...... if anybody ever did ask me to remove any England flags I had flying ....... well, let's just say ............. they'd stay where they were.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Nozza
OK - this is another 'head scratcher' for me. Never ever ever, not even once, not even for one nanno second, whilst in England have I ever been reprimanded, scolded, asked to remove it or got in 'hot water' of any descripton over the flying/display of the England flag.

And I've asked around too, and none of my mates have either.

Also ...... if anybody ever did ask me to remove any England flags I had flying ....... well, let's just say ............. they'd stay where they were.
http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/new...uld_be_racist/
http://crombouke.blogspot.com/2010/0...alism-and.html
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ticle50503.ece
Been boiling up for at least 4 years that I can remember......glad weve got a dragon! Can't be many Muslims where you live!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 6:07 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

There's 60 million people in Britain and there are bound to be some that will say stupid things. The problem is that the media blows them up out of proportion.

As for the Sun 'newspaper'... half of its so-called news is just made up anyway.

Fly the flag and be proud if that's what floats your boat. If it's become associated with nationalist extremists then we need to use it more in order to claim it back.

WP
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
There's 60 million people in Britain and there are bound to be some that will say stupid things. The problem is that the media blows them up out of proportion.

As for the Sun 'newspaper'... half of its so-called news is just made up anyway.

Fly the flag and be proud if that's what floats your boat. If it's become associated with nationalist extremists then we need to use it more in order to claim it back.

WP
The main problem with the St George flag is that the famous soccer hooligans adopted it as their war banner when travelling abroad and 'representing' England. Now it is associated throughout Europe as the sign of drunkeness and trouble.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Nozza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
There's 60 million people in Britain and there are bound to be some that will say stupid things.

WP

Yep !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.