Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Roll on Tuesday.......

Roll on Tuesday.......

Old Nov 29th 2008, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roll on Tuesday.......

After 3 months of living out of a suitcase, the contents of our container is being delivered on Tuesday 2nd Dec

We only had a shared container but if we had known that it would take this long, we would have paid the extra and had our own. In fact we had been here in NZ for 5 weeks before it had even left the UK!

We went along to the MAF inspection and out of the 13 items they had put aside, the only thing they were concerned about was one of the cat carriers as it still had the bedding in, which we had forgot to wash. After a quick phone call they confirmed it was okay after a quick hoover!!.

OH could not believe they didn't check his tools (which he had spent hours cleaning), Christmas decorations, Shoes, and walking boots. We also had two artificial Christmas trees which they had pulled out for inspection and they asked if they had any decorations on them and when we confirmed they didn't, they didn't even inspect them!!

The washing machine will be on continuous next week washing all our clothes after being packed up for 3 months. At least I will have a decent outfit to wear to the restaurant hubby has booked for my birthday next week. Also I have a date with David Beckham next Saturday (well ok we have tickets to see him with LA Galaxy) a woman can dream can't she
Old Nov 29th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll on Tuesday.......

yippeeeeee! It's like Christmas come early for you both xx

Let me know what you want to do for your birthday and we'll sort something out. See you next week
Old Nov 29th 2008, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
yippeeeeee! It's like Christmas come early for you both xx

Let me know what you want to do for your birthday and we'll sort something out. See you next week
Thanks honey, will do xx
Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Happy unpacking. See ya soon
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz1
Happy unpacking. See ya soon
Thanks Maz, I'm certainly going to be busy together with the washing machine but at least I'll have a tumble dryer now if it rains
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Enjoy
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Enjoy
Thanks Bev - Christmas has come early