British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/roll-call-people-xchurch-if-when-they-someone-knows-them-can-update-706380/)

BEVS Feb 22nd 2011 2:07 am

Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can update

Persephone - has let us know she is OK
Matewx - Has let Am Loo know he is OK
Jan - works at Xchurch Uni - safe & OK
Neil - works at Lyttleton Port - safe & OK
Shirl - and family altogether and safe
Woodpigeon - they are okay (not in CC)
Joshlin - safe & OK
Tray - safe and OK
Wiz n Ton - safe and OK House damage again
Barbarella
Dustybin - OK and safe ( not sure if they still have a home)
Denise01292 - Ok and safe
Saoghalbeag - they are okay (moved back to oz)
Chippy64 - OH and son are safe !
for starters......

Jan n Neil Feb 22nd 2011 2:47 am

Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

We are OK we have food water and spare rooms for anybody that needs them

Neil

Spoke to Denises hubby they are good

Mistress Miggins Feb 22nd 2011 2:50 am

Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

For any worried relatives, my was just able to call me from just outside xchurch, there are no tsunami warnings, but the aftershocks have started.

chippy64 Feb 22nd 2011 5:33 am

Have not heard from OH or son.

Persephone Feb 22nd 2011 5:47 am

Originally Posted by chippy64 (Post 9193117)

Stay strong. Even though the media are telling us to text if we need to, my mobile has no reception and the traffic is pretty congested in places. A lot of places are without power or phones anyway. It is very likely that they cannot contact you in any way or form. Try not to worry too much though I'm sure you will, that's what a wife and mother does.
Take care, thinking of you xx
Hope they manage to get in touch soon

asprilla Feb 22nd 2011 5:49 am

Keep your chin up, chippy64. Lots of comms problems right now, it may be some time before the networks are operating properly.

Charismatic Feb 22nd 2011 6:03 am

I has a really close call, we were descending into Christchurch airport when it struck. Captain went round a few times then headed back to Wellington. I’m supposed to be back studying again on the 28th in the city…but we’ll see what the College of Sciences says now, assuming it is still standing!

Honestly my thoughts are with you lot down there, unlike the first one which was a bit funny for the rest of us 65 confirmed dead is terrible. I have no doubt you have the resilience to bounce back and get rebuilding however.

All my love guys, stay strong :wub:.

Woodpigeon Feb 22nd 2011 6:15 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9192847)
Woodpigeon

for starters......

Sorry just saw my name here - I'm not in CHC so am physically ok from effects of earthquake; but the shock of it, and seeing the images on the news, has been upsetting on top of the stress of dealing with OH's ongoing health issue. We had a meeting with one of his health workers this arvo which was good timing as we were both having issues emotionally; she was able to reasure us that these sort of emotions were normal for people in our situation which was helpful to us.

Jan n Neil Feb 22nd 2011 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 9193149)
I has a really close call, we were descending into Christchurch airport when it struck. Captain went round a few times then headed back to Wellington. I’m supposed to be back studying again on the 28th in the city…but we’ll see what the College of Sciences says now, assuming it is still standing!

Yes it is. We are doing building assessments tomorrow but first reports are no major issues (don't quote me) i.e. not worse than last time maybe.

Jan

BEVS Feb 22nd 2011 6:52 am

Where are they?

Charismatic Feb 22nd 2011 6:52 am

Only on BE do you get that sort of insider information! :eek:

BEVS Feb 22nd 2011 6:57 am

Right. If that was at my post, I meant where did she feel they would be. Any news and info can help here.

The4BellsLondon Feb 22nd 2011 7:01 am

Hugs to you all from Canada :(

LukeandJo Feb 22nd 2011 7:02 am

Just got up and have the news on. Thinking of you all over there!
I will be keeping an eye on this thread all day today.

mikelincs Feb 22nd 2011 7:07 am

Just seen the news and pictures on the BBC here in the UK, hoping all are OK and sending good wishes to everyone..