Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Roger Waters... THE WALL

Roger Waters... THE WALL

Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Roger Waters... THE WALL

Anyone else going to see “The Wall” (Roger Waters)…?
Old Jul 8th 2011, 2:22 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Roger Waters... THE WALL

Would love to, but not on the cards for me unfortunately (I think an evening of thumping rock music and all the stuff that goes with that would do me the world of good).

However, I am now counting down the days until I get to see Elton
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:34 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

yep absolutely.. seen Floyd a couple of times over the years and caught up with a really good tribute band a month or two ago.. looking forward to it
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
Would love to, but not on the cards for me unfortunately (I think an evening of thumping rock music and all the stuff that goes with that would do me the world of good).

However, I am now counting down the days until I get to see Elton
Yeah, he's playing down Dunedin isn't he?.... Bet that will be a great show too. Couldn't miss The Wall though... could be Waters last big show!... saw him here back in 2007 (Chch).... "Dark side of the moon live".... fantastic!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bga
yep absolutely.. seen Floyd a couple of times over the years and caught up with a really good tribute band a month or two ago.. looking forward to it
Hey there.... I lived in "Rainworth" for a couple of years... anywhere near you?... and congrats on the concert.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:51 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

lol.. Rainworth.. about 15 minutes drive from where I used to live (near the John Cockle pub if you know it) - small world..
tickets are on pre sale this sunday i believe so will hopefully get decent seats - TBH though Vector Arena is a decent view wherever you are (I was there last weekend for Walking with Dinosaurs with the little 'un) and for a show like The Wall it may be better to be a bit further back to see it all
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bga
lol.. Rainworth.. about 15 minutes drive from where I used to live (near the John Cockle pub if you know it) - small world..
tickets are on pre sale this sunday i believe so will hopefully get decent seats - TBH though Vector Arena is a decent view wherever you are (I was there last weekend for Walking with Dinosaurs with the little 'un) and for a show like The Wall it may be better to be a bit further back to see it all
Oh I know The JC alright... rough arse joint . just close enough to the hospital so's you had a fighting chance on a Friday night!

Tickets, got mine on Monday

Last edited by Kevin; Jul 8th 2011 at 5:00 am.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:59 am
bga
Forum Regular

.. every pub in Mansfield was a rough arse one.. must have got the dates mixed up then I thought they didn't go on general sale till next week.. I'll change my reply to "I hope to be going" .. in the meantime if you weren't aware RW was on desert island discs a few weeks ago .. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011j39v
will reply to this thread again when i actually have my tickets.. which date did u go for ?
Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ooo. Now you've done it.
Blummin' Vector Arena & Auckland though. $ & $ & $.

Last saw Pink Floyd 1975 on the Wish You Were Here tour at Knebworth Park. Still have the programme for that festival.

Scary Monsters.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Well Poops. Can't seem to even get to see what tx are available.

Erk. Nothing.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 8th 2011 at 6:34 am.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

I dont think they go on general sale till Monday, but I got mine early through the Roger Waters web site (joined up for free) and you have to pick them up from the venue.... it help stop scalpers buying up "all" the tickets (scum!)

We're going on the 20th will make a nice romantic weekend away....
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:42 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kevin
Anyone else going to see “The Wall” (Roger Waters)…?
Would have liked to, and would liked to see the Foo Fighters, but holding on to see if The Big Day out is going to have some good bands! Fingers crossed
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:44 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ooo. Now you've done it.

Last saw Pink Floyd 1975 on the Wish You Were Here tour at Knebworth Park. Still have the programme for that festival.

Scary Monsters.
Always Auckland! if he was in Wellington would have gone only a couple of hours drive for us.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ooo. Now you've done it.

Scary Monsters.
Ohhhh.... 1975.... I remember it like it was yesterday... mind you, that's Alzheimer's for you!
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by love30stm
Always Auckland! if he was in Wellington would have gone only a couple of hours drive for us.
Go... do it.... you know you want to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.