RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Sep 21st 2006, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by Dutson
Hi all,

If all goes well with immigration my hubby and I should be over in NZ in Feb 07, which is fab. We have been told that his job will be at RAF Ohakia, anyone been there? When we were travelling around NZ last year we did have a brief look but obviously couldn't get on the camp. As we will prob have to move into a quarter for a while I was wondering if someone could confirm if they r as small inside as they look outside, ha.ha.

Any tips for where best to buy a car in the area, work for me etc in Plamerston North?

Such a cool site this by the way.

Shell

Shell

Welcome to the forum and hope all goes well for Feb 07, we were intially told our draft was Ohakea but has now changed to Auckland. Sherren my wife has done some ground work with the welfare officer that was assigned to us on draft, no doubt one will be in touch with details soon and will be dealing with all your anticipated questions about the area of Bulls and jobs, schools etc..

We are going out in the October draft so will keep you posted on our progress.

Cheers
Mick,Sherren,Matthew,Chloe,Sophie.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 10:20 am
Duts

Dutson has a spectacular aura aboutDutson has a spectacular aura aboutDutson has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by jonesey
Shell

Welcome to the forum and hope all goes well for Feb 07, we were intially told our draft was Ohakea but has now changed to Auckland. Sherren my wife has done some ground work with the welfare officer that was assigned to us on draft, no doubt one will be in touch with details soon and will be dealing with all your anticipated questions about the area of Bulls and jobs, schools etc..

We are going out in the October draft so will keep you posted on our progress.

Cheers
Mick,Sherren,Matthew,Chloe,Sophie.

Hi Mick

Cheers for your reply, u too good luck for October, must be getting excitied now. Great opportunity eh!

I take it when the RNZAF put u up in London for 2 nights u get the chance to meet others going out there??? Do u know if its a pet friendly hotel they put u up in as would like to get our dog on the same plane as us if we can, and of course if the immigration gives us the opportunity.

R the kids looking forward to it?

C u
Shell
Old Sep 21st 2006, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi Mick

Cheers for your reply, u too good luck for October, must be getting excitied now. Great opportunity eh!

I take it when the RNZAF put u up in London for 2 nights u get the chance to meet others going out there??? Do u know if its a pet friendly hotel they put u up in as would like to get our dog on the same plane as us if we can, and of course if the immigration gives us the opportunity.

R the kids looking forward to it?

C u
Shell
Hi Shell

Can't help on the pet friendly hotel, I would think so !! I'm taking Sherren my wife !!! only joking honest, she will kill me when she reads this thread hahahaha or Ann will blag to her on Friday when we meet up with her for a chin wag. Ask Paul Wright who we have been in constant email too he is really great to get on with and should give you all the answers you need, the kids had a few tears at the leaving party on Saturday and are sad not to be going with Ann's two little girls and must wait until Oct07 but time will soon go and before you know it two more drafts will be coming over and more people to meet and greet. Really exciting times ahead and looking forward to the forces way of life again and getting out of the doom and gloom or civvy street.

Cheers
Mick,Shez,Matthew,Chloe,Sophie
Old Sep 21st 2006, 10:49 am
Duts

Dutson has a spectacular aura aboutDutson has a spectacular aura aboutDutson has a spectacular aura about

Hi Shell

Can't help on the pet friendly hotel, I would think so !! I'm taking Sherren my wife !!! only joking honest, she will kill me when she reads this thread hahahaha or Ann will blag to her on Friday when we meet up with her for a chin wag. Ask Paul Wright who we have been in constant email too he is really great to get on with and should give you all the answers you need, the kids had a few tears at the leaving party on Saturday and are sad not to be going with Ann's two little girls and must wait until Oct07 but time will soon go and before you know it two more drafts will be coming over and more people to meet and greet. Really exciting times ahead and looking forward to the forces way of life again and getting out of the doom and gloom or civvy street.

Cheers

Hi Mick

I reck u got a death wish m8, Ha. Ha. Yer Paul Wright has been v. helpful and seems to be real nice with it. Don't really wanna hassle him yet till we know NZ wants us if u know wot I mean. Thankfully no kids for us so no hassle with tears etc. Bless.
Know wot u mean about Civvy street, Hubby got out in May 05 and we went travelling for year in June and back to reality a few months ago, getting work etc, it will b nice to get back in the forces life - if not for the cheap beers on camp hopefully, ha. Did the reply from immigartion take long for u???

Cheers
Shell
Old Sep 21st 2006, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi Mick

I reck u got a death wish m8, Ha. Ha. Yer Paul Wright has been v. helpful and seems to be real nice with it. Don't really wanna hassle him yet till we know NZ wants us if u know wot I mean. Thankfully no kids for us so no hassle with tears etc. Bless.
Know wot u mean about Civvy street, Hubby got out in May 05 and we went travelling for year in June and back to reality a few months ago, getting work etc, it will b nice to get back in the forces life - if not for the cheap beers on camp hopefully, ha. Did the reply from immigartion take long for u???

Cheers
Shell
Hi Shell

Submitting your EOI is a pain in the rear end, takes around 3hrs to fill in online depending on all the info you have to gather and check and once its submitted into the pool with OH and your work experience added should be no problem with pass mark. The draw takes place every two weeks and we scored 152 for Ohakea as they give you extra points outside Auckland, then its the initial checking done by NZIS and then they will get back and offer you the ITA from which you gather all your evidence for your application for PR. So a lengthly process but is well worth the hard work and wait for that big day you all start your new lives, some great knowledge on this forum by some great people who have given the same way, also some that return in disappointment and regrets as we did for family reasons but has turned itself around by being positive and knowing what is out there for us when we return. So good luck with your app and keep posting if your not sure or PM us if you need any info.

Cheers
Old Sep 21st 2006, 11:21 am
Duts

Hi Shell

Submitting your EOI is a pain in the rear end, takes around 3hrs to fill in online depending on all the info you have to gather and check and once its submitted into the pool with OH and your work experience added should be no problem with pass mark. The draw takes place every two weeks and we scored 152 for Ohakea as they give you extra points outside Auckland, then its the initial checking done by NZIS and then they will get back and offer you the ITA from which you gather all your evidence for your application for PR. So a lengthly process but is well worth the hard work and wait for that big day you all start your new lives, some great knowledge on this forum by some great people who have given the same way, also some that return in disappointment and regrets as we did for family reasons but has turned itself around by being positive and knowing what is out there for us when we return. So good luck with your app and keep posting if your not sure or PM us if you need any info.

Cheers

Hi again

Yer got all paperwork done, medical etc and now in the hands of NZ immigration London Office, they reckon a dicision can take up to 1-3 months, i was just hoping it woz more like a month than 3 - once they say yer then we get the house on the market etc.

Cheers for the e-mails best get on with some work now, ha.

Shell
Old Sep 21st 2006, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everybody involved in RNZAF/RAF transfers

Got the final kiwi call today from NZIS "PR Approved" and on the way in the post in the next 48hrs by special delivery, finally we got what we are all working towards "Blue Stickers" in your passports. It seems such a long time ago but looking back now it was well worth all the effort and sleepiness nights of "what if's" & "are we doing the right thing" no end of doubts, but so much energy to change everything that is mundane in your life in UK at the present time. Luckily for the Jones family we have been there wore the tee-shirt as they say, apart from wearing the uniform and forces lifestyle but what we saw of RNZAF life we knew it was worth trying and hoping that it would come our way. So all that is left for us to say for those left behind is, All the very best to you all who are left behind for now and we will keep you posted on our journey over there and our experiences in the next few weeks or months, catch up with us for updates here or www.go-kiwi.blogspot.com

Cheers
Mick,Shez,Matthew,Chloe,Sophie.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:44 pm
Duts

Hi everybody involved in RNZAF/RAF transfers

Got the final kiwi call today from NZIS "PR Approved" and on the way in the post in the next 48hrs by special delivery, finally we got what we are all working towards "Blue Stickers" in your passports. It seems such a long time ago but looking back now it was well worth all the effort and sleepiness nights of "what if's" & "are we doing the right thing" no end of doubts, but so much energy to change everything that is mundane in your life in UK at the present time. Luckily for the Jones family we have been there wore the tee-shirt as they say, apart from wearing the uniform and forces lifestyle but what we saw of RNZAF life we knew it was worth trying and hoping that it would come our way. So all that is left for us to say for those left behind is, All the very best to you all who are left behind for now and we will keep you posted on our journey over there and our experiences in the next few weeks or months, catch up with us for updates here or www.go-kiwi.blogspot.com

Cheers

Congrats to u and ur family and Good Luck. Hopefully won't b far behind u. Enjoy their summer.

Shell
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:28 am
Just Joined

exraf is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Done Mick,"Shez" er!!!,Matthew,Chloe,Sophie, you deserve this so much, im so happy for you all and its good to see that you are so positive. Ive been reading these threads since they have started.

But i will be waiting at the other end, make sure your uniform is pressed when you get of the plane at Ak airport and your shoes polished. haha
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by exraf
Well Done Mick,"Shez" er!!!,Matthew,Chloe,Sophie, you deserve this so much, im so happy for you all and its good to see that you are so positive. Ive been reading these threads since they have started.

But i will be waiting at the other end, make sure your uniform is pressed when you get of the plane at Ak airport and your shoes polished. haha

Daza

I knew you were lurking in disguise Stokie !!! you can't fool a Northerner that's for sure, I hope you are waiting at the other end cos Shez has six large suitcases full of allsorts. As regard to the uniform pressed and shoes polished I'm sure you have plenty of spare time on your hands 4.5 day week you avionics boys !! or when you have a sports afternoon come around the quarter and you can iron my uniform and polish my shoes hahahahaha.... Anyway make sure you have the BBQ still warm and some cold beer in the house for when we land.... See yer soon

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about
Red face Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Daza

I knew you were lurking in disguise Stokie !!! you can't fool a Northerner that's for sure, I hope you are waiting at the other end cos Shez has six large suitcases full of allsorts. As regard to the uniform pressed and shoes polished I'm sure you have plenty of spare time on your hands 4.5 day week you avionics boys !! or when you have a sports afternoon come around the quarter and you can iron my uniform and polish my shoes hahahahaha.... Anyway make sure you have the BBQ still warm and some cold beer in the house for when we land.... See yer soon

Hi Guys

Just to say it was great to see you all last night. A massive good luck for next weekend, role on october 2007.

Ann, Dean, Lucy and Polly-Dolly xxx
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough
Default Those Blue Stickers

Passports safely back in the gregory household complete with those blue stickers and back from Somerset after a family break this weekend and skiving off work this morning with Tracy as absolutely shattered and we will have to do it all again next year before going for real

Rick & Tracy
Old Sep 26th 2006, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Wayne270 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi all - just thought I'd let you all know - I have turned down the offer from the RNZAF. The offer of Auckland as Sgt was nice but due to a promotion at work, wifes career in teaching getting better, our daughters diabetes, and deciding that I really am a civvy at heart (23 yrs in the army does that to you), we have decided to stay put in blighty. It is not for love of the country, cause I don't (don't get me started on politicians and europe and immigrants and ........see!!!!). If anyone wants to start a revolution/coup count me in!
I wish all of you the best whatever route you choose and I'm sure the RNZAF will be right for most off you, and I will keep an eye on the thread just to see how you are all doing.
But most importantly have fun and lots of cold ones.
Wayne.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear you have decided to drop out Wayne but they put you through the mill over the last couple of months Tracy and I certainly came close over the last few weeks we know how difficult it can be as the time drags on as you have to make decisions on your future.
Good luck to you and your family for the future and hope you drop in from time to time as it wont be the same without the person who started the thread plus we can also post jealous comments on Mick & Sherrens blog in the next few weeks

Rick & Tracy
Old Sep 26th 2006, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Wayne

Same as Rick & Tracy's comments, sorry to hear your not taking up there offer and hope the revolution goes well !!! your as bad as my son "army barmy" wanting to put the politicians to rights......Ex Cheshire also in my earlier years and after catching a few indulgence flights from Brize decided to switch and wear the blue job uniform and what an easy life I had from then on In. But Alas all good things have to come to an end and Maggie and john saw to that in "Options for Change" But could not resist the offer from RNZAF still in my blood to go a little bit longer in uniform. So if all goes well I will keep you posted on me blog as Rick says and your only as old as yer feel, that's what I keep telling myself anyway....So you take care of yourself Wayne and up most respect for being courageous enough to yourself and family in making that decision.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.