RIP Collegue

Old May 16th 2010, 8:37 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default RIP Collegue

A fellow Prison Officer died as a result of an assault and as i do this job day to day and can understand what goes on in these places, my heart goes out to his family and collegues who witnessed it.

When will the GOVT realise we need side batons and cs spray, but oh no it will hurt prisoners feelings.

RIP fellow Officer

Nige
Old May 16th 2010, 9:29 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RIP Collegue

That's so sad, very sorry to hear and hope you're OK Nige

Must really bring it home what a high-risk job you do - and without the appropriate equipment - unnecessarily higher risk.

Condolences to all.

Last edited by Flower Pot; May 16th 2010 at 9:45 am.
Old May 16th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
That's so sad, very sorry to hear and hope your OK Nige

Must really bring it home what a high-risk job you do - and without the appropriate equipment - even higher risk.

Condolences to all.
It is a very sad day for corrections. I understand the 1st officer to die in the line of duty. I do wonder if side arms or pepper spray would have helped here. If the inmate simply punched the poor officer with no warnings what could anything have done to stop this awful outcome? That said on the other hand IF they were entering a highly volatile sitation that was already ongoing yes taser, sprays or any other safety measure probably would have helped.
Old May 16th 2010, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

very very sad.
Old May 16th 2010, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this on the news and did think about you Nige. Hope you and all your colleagues get help if needed to deal with this as well as the extra equipment.

Phyl x
Old May 16th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Sad news.

Condolences to his family, especially his 2 young children.
Old May 18th 2010, 8:24 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

A very sad time for all involved, we enter a wing in the mornings and after issuing a razor if they want one, we then collect them all and after that unlock one landing at a time, when issuing razors we only get a reply from them and a face to name muster check, some are still sleepy and we get a grunt, occasionally we get told to F##k off or other nice friendly words or greetings, you can sort of judge the way they will come out of their cells first thing, after a while you get to know their moods and traits, we have some on methadone programs, and they can be a handful in the mornings before their meds, we have ones with ADHD, ODD and all sorts of phychopathic behaviours, nice ay, so unlocking in the day any time can be a dangerous thing.

Apart from that we manage our guys very well and look after each others backs.

Nige alive and kicking arse, 5 years on in Dunedin
Old Jul 18th 2010, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Wilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fooferfish
A fellow Prison Officer died as a result of an assault and as i do this job day to day and can understand what goes on in these places, my heart goes out to his family and collegues who witnessed it.

When will the GOVT realise we need side batons and cs spray, but oh no it will hurt prisoners feelings.

RIP fellow Officer

Nige
I saw this on the corrections webby and indeed very very sad news. we must always respect those that choose to put themselves in harms way.

As a police officer i have had to make numerous prison visits in the past and on each occasion i have had to hand in my CS, Baton and rigid handcuffs. This is done so that they cant be used against you or prison officers. I can see the arguements for both sides but i would rather be on the end of a punch, slap or kick than have a baton used on me..

I see that they will be giving up the nicotine too, Something else to make them a bit more lively for ya

Respect for the job you do m8 Be safe

Wilester

Last edited by Wilester; Jul 18th 2010 at 5:38 pm.