returning to NZ

Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default returning to NZ

hi all
i need some advice/information.
i have to return to the UK shortly (next week!!) as my grandad has passed away & i'm going to the funeral. So apart from sorting out an airline ticket , i was wondering how easy it will be for me to return into NZ. I have a PR with a 2yr returning residents visa (which is still valid for 18mths).
I am assuming its very easy & they just let me in. I'll only be in the UK for abou a week. I probably sound like i'm stressing (& i probably am!) but i'm trying to sort out everything (hubs will be looking afer the kids for a week )
thanks
popps
Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: returning to NZ

Originally Posted by poppets
hi all
i have to return to the UK shortly (next week!!) as my grandad has passed away & i'm going to the funeral. So apart from sorting out an airline ticket , i was wondering how easy it will be for me to return into NZ. I have a PR with a 2yr returning residents visa (which is still valid for 18mths).
I am assuming its very easy & they just let me in. I'll only be in the UK for abou a week. I probably sound like i'm stressing (& i probably am!) but i'm trying to sort out everything (hubs will be looking afer the kids for a week )
thanks
popps
Sad reason to be returning to UK. I'm sorry for your loss.
But coming back will be easy as...you even get to go through the short cue when you arrive back at immigration, the one for NZ passports and visas.

Last edited by jueinnz; Nov 25th 2006 at 10:05 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:55 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jueinnz
Easy as...you even get to go through the short cue when you arrive back at immigration, the one for NZ passports and visas.
Oh Poppets I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Hope you and your family are bearing up at this difficult time.

Big Hug. XX
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Poppets,
so sorry, big hugs from the Fearons
xxx
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Oh Poppets I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Hope you and your family are bearing up at this difficult time.

Big Hug. XX
thnx AL, happened very suddenly on saturday lunchtime, chest infection took hold really quickly. 2 out of 3 of his children were there, mum seems not to bad considering but they are all more worried about me!!
Jue , thnxs for that i just now have the hassle of trying to sort flights out & cos its nearly xmas prices have gone through the roof .
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:07 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

hi all
thanks
popps

Soz can't help with your question but just wanted to say we're sorry to hear that your grandad as passed away. Keep your chin up
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks guys i really apprechiate the wishes
on the up side i get a week to myself & get to see some of my mates again, all of whom will give me a bloody good laugh , just what gramps would have wanted.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:21 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

on the up side i get a week to myself & get to see some of my mates again, all of whom will give me a bloody good laugh , just what gramps would have wanted.

Our friends granny in Palmerston North passed away on Wednesday night and was buried yesterday so we toasted her departure last night, knowing she would have fully approved.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:26 pm

Gosh, a week back, you're going to be exhausted?

Are you flying straight through or stopping over for a nite en route?
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Gosh, a week back, you're going to be exhausted?

Are you flying straight through or stopping over for a nite en route?

haven't got time for a stopover , so its straight through for me. Luckily i can sleep on planes & its only me so no kids to worry about.
i have heard that because its a 'funeral/bereavement' flight that i should be looked after & may be able to claim back some of the flight costs from the airline with a copy of death cert.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:35 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

haven't got time for a stopover , so its straight through for me. Luckily i can sleep on planes & its only me so no kids to worry about.
i have heard that because its a 'funeral/bereavement' flight that i should be looked after & may be able to claim back some of the flight costs from the airline with a copy of death cert.

Who are you flying with?.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Who are you flying with?.
no idea yet , have to wait til funeral date sorted (mum will do on monday) then i can book , but Air Nz & BA/Quantas have places for next week
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:53 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

no idea yet , have to wait til funeral date sorted (mum will do on monday) then i can book , but Air Nz & BA/Quantas have places for next week

Only ask cos Kev flew back last week with Air NZ and thee Hong Kong to Heathrow sector had 243 empty seats so everyone got to lie down!!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Only ask cos Kev flew back last week with Air NZ and thee Hong Kong to Heathrow sector had 243 empty seats so everyone got to lie down!!
that'll do me
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:09 pm

that'll do me
But you may as well make the most of not having the sprogs and get some booze on board too. When you arrive (after brushing your teeth and Listerminting) your mother will just think you're jet lagged, not pissed - BONUS!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.