rentals question

Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default rentals question

hello

just a wee question, when you rent a propety in NZ do you always have to find a tenant to replace you ?

thanks
caz
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: rentals question

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
hello

just a wee question, when you rent a propety in NZ do you always have to find a tenant to replace you ?

thanks
caz
No.

You might have to if you break a rental agreement, eg if you sign a 12 month lease and want to leave after 6 months.

If you give notice/ leave in accordance with your rental agreement you dont have to find another tenant.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

thats great, i thought that, but i see so many with the tenant looking for new people so was worrying .. just thought id clear it up

tyty caz
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:14 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

hello

thanks
caz
If you're in a fixed term agreement, its the property managements/home owners discretion as to whether they'll release you or not. Its worth marketing the property yourself because as a rule, you'll liable for rent until you move out, so its not high on the prority list. Also, you'll pay rent right up until the day before a new tenant moves in. In a periodic tenancy, its just a case of giving notice, and then you're free to move on.

Try to reach a compromise with the homeowners/property management company. At the end of the day, you commited youself for a period of time which the homeowners had effectively banked on.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

i would never break out of a contract, i lease properys myself over here so know how it feels if they empty, it was really that we are looking to let for atleast 6 months when we get there and was just wondering if after the 6 months would i have to look for tenant to move in ? or would i be free to go after 6 months are up?

caz

Originally Posted by Littletoe
If you're in a fixed term agreement, its the property managements/home owners discretion as to whether they'll release you or not. Its worth marketing the property yourself because as a rule, you'll liable for rent until you move out, so its not high on the prority list. Also, you'll pay rent right up until the day before a new tenant moves in. In a periodic tenancy, its just a case of giving notice, and then you're free to move on.

Try to reach a compromise with the homeowners/property management company. At the end of the day, you commited youself for a period of time which the homeowners had effectively banked on.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:05 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

i would never break out of a contract, i lease properys myself over here so know how it feels if they empty, it was really that we are looking to let for atleast 6 months when we get there and was just wondering if after the 6 months would i have to look for tenant to move in ? or would i be free to go after 6 months are up?

caz
If you sign for six months only, then you're free to leave at the end! Its just break leases that can get tricky,
Good luck!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

tyty

caz