Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Renewing British Passport in NZ

Renewing British Passport in NZ

Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renewing British Passport in NZ

Hello
I need to renew our childrens passports. How do I go about this when we are already in NZ?
I know I have seen this on here somwhere, but can't find it.

How long and how much did it cost?

Thanks
Gill

Last edited by Gill and Rob; Aug 18th 2007 at 3:53 am. Reason: Spelling error
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:29 am

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renewing British Passport in NZ

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Hello
I need to renew our childrens passports. How do I go about this when we are already in NZ?
I know I have seen this on here somwhere, but can't find it.

How long and how much did it cost?

Thanks
Gill
Here's the link to the British High Commission in Wellington. They have all the necessary forms to download and info needed to renew the passports. The cost is $227.40 for under 16 years of age which includes the courier charge to send the passport back to you - it's $220.40 for any additional ones included in the same courier pack.

It took 6 days for my daughters to be processed.

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov...=1082828862591
Old Aug 18th 2007, 5:11 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SavBlancGal
Here's the link to the British High Commission in Wellington. They have all the necessary forms to download and info needed to renew the passports. The cost is $227.40 for under 16 years of age which includes the courier charge to send the passport back to you - it's $220.40 for any additional ones included in the same courier pack.

It took 6 days for my daughters to be processed.

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov...=1082828862591
Phew that seems pricey? Or is it just me?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are just so fantastic. Have printed off the forms and will get them in the post next week.

Yes, that does seem pricy, but it's correct !!1

We have a holiday booked for later in the year and was reminded that we all needed at least 6 months left on our passports Was hoping not to have to re new them for the kids (2) and just be able to finish using them, before applying for citizenship and getting Kiwi ones.

Gill
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:59 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Yikes I looked at the price of renewing my passport and decided that getting our citizinship sorted out would be a better way to go least we got here when it was 3 years and not 5 to become a real kiwi
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Got 2 of my boys' passports renewed - very straightforward and pricy!! Now just got to pay another $100 each (aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh! ) to get the returning residents visas transferred!! A very nice chap that I spoke to at NZ immigration said that when we can apply for an indefinite returning visa (when the original 2 year one has expired) it will only cost $140 for the whole family!! Unfortunately, we're going to be needing them before then! B***ER!