Removal Company

Old May 16th 2005, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

sandybob will become famous soon enoughsandybob will become famous soon enough
Red face Removal Company

Hi
Can any one adivse us on the best removal company and how much they cost. Did you have a full container or half and how long did it take for it to arrive. I am a bit worried about being able to find a furnished house to rent.
Any ideas.
Thanks Sandra.
Old May 16th 2005, 5:28 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removal Company

We used a company called Simpsons and def wouldnt recommend them. So avoid at all costs. Bunch of robbin sharks.

Whites and Co get a really good name on the ***** site as do Crown.

You may I think have trouble getting a furnished rental. Why not try a holiday let instead. www.holidayhomes.co.nz. When we thought about moving from Auckland to CHCH loads of good ones at affordable prices.

Where are you heading????
Old May 16th 2005, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandybob
Hi
Can any one adivse us on the best removal company and how much they cost. Did you have a full container or half and how long did it take for it to arrive. I am a bit worried about being able to find a furnished house to rent.
Any ideas.
Thanks Sandra.
Hi, I see you are in Bedfordshire when we were looking into it there were a company called Rose and something or other (sorry, can't remember their full name) in Biggleswade. I know my parents have used them for U.K removals and were very impressed but they also (used) to do international, they also have cheap storage facilities. They were nice because they are a smaller family run business.

HTH
Old May 16th 2005, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ginaf
Hi, I see you are in Bedfordshire when we were looking into it there were a company called Rose and something or other (sorry, can't remember their full name) in Biggleswade. I know my parents have used them for U.K removals and were very impressed but they also (used) to do international, they also have cheap storage facilities. They were nice because they are a smaller family run business.

HTH
Meant to say will ask my mum their full name when we next talk...
Old May 16th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Hi
Any ideas.
Thanks Sandra.
We used Crown Removals - they were absolutley GREAT! No Hassle - everything packed wonderfully - no breakages whatsoever - on-time and not too expensive. My only advice would be don't always go for the cheapest - we did that the 1st time with a company called - I think - Altlantic Removals or similar - and the service was terrible! Crown are a big company here too - see their vans all the time and remindsme of our move! I can't recommend then highly enough.
Old May 16th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

We also used Crown. They 'matched' our cheapest quote. The good thing about Crown is they take delivery of your shipment themselves in NZ. Your gear is not passed on to another delivery company. I think this would be an advantage if something did go wrong. You would know who to blame, and there would be no arguing between two companies with regard to blame.

Think carefully about the insurance. Shop around and consider what items you want covered. If for example you have lots of china you will have to list everything with a value to be able to claim for breakages. Seriously consider the risk.
Crown packaged everything really well. All that was broken was one glass and the lid off a plastic box. Not bad out of a full container load.

Rob
Old May 17th 2005, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottish
We used a company called Simpsons and def wouldnt recommend them. So avoid at all costs. Bunch of robbin sharks.

Whites and Co get a really good name on the ***** site as do Crown.

You may I think have trouble getting a furnished rental. Why not try a holiday let instead. www.holidayhomes.co.nz. When we thought about moving from Auckland to CHCH loads of good ones at affordable prices.

Where are you heading????
Thanks for the advice. We are looking at living in Cambridge. Not UK
Old May 17th 2005, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ginaf
Meant to say will ask my mum their full name when we next talk...
We live in Sandy at the moment so Biggleswage is just up the road.
Thanks
Old May 17th 2005, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Hi
Any ideas.
Thanks Sandra.
Hi Sandra,
We're not at the stage of doing this yet, so don't have any hard facts. However, if you look on the Australia and New Zealand Immigration board and do a search for 'Removal Company' you'll get dozens of recommendations.
Good luck, when are you off?
Mark
Old May 18th 2005, 12:16 pm
pompeymike

Hi
Any ideas.
Thanks Sandra.
Hi Sandra, we used Pickfords http://www.allied-pickfords.co.uk/ and found them ok to deal with, we had a shared container so it took a bit longer for our stuff to arrive - about 3 months. The cost was about 2000 pounds but as I said, it was a shared container. You might find it difficult to get a furnished house here, they do exist but most are unfurnished.
We rented an unfurnished house and spent the first 2 months on inflatable beds, second hand 2 seater couch, a couple of bean bags and a picnic table in the dining room. We bought plastic cutlery and plates, and went round a few garage sales to pick up a couple of saucepans and a frying pan and that's pretty much how we lived till our stuff arrived from the UK. We rented a Fridge/Freezer and a washing machine for the first couple of months.
Boy was it a good sight to see that Pickfords Lorry backing up our drive with all our lovely furniture and belongings !!
It's interesting that you live in Sandy, my wife's folks live in Northill just down the road and we got married in Bigglesswade !! We even got our wedding cake from Gunn's Bakery in Sandy - small world isn't it?!

Good luck to you
Mike

Old May 19th 2005, 5:05 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
We used Crown Removals - they were absolutley GREAT! No Hassle - everything packed wonderfully - no breakages whatsoever - on-time and not too expensive. My only advice would be don't always go for the cheapest - we did that the 1st time with a company called - I think - Altlantic Removals or similar - and the service was terrible! Crown are a big company here too - see their vans all the time and remindsme of our move! I can't recommend then highly enough.
Some friends of mine are due to go to OZ very shortly and she has been raving about Crown to me and given me their card for when we go if we ever get there. She said the guy who came out to quote was superb and although they weren't the cheapest she said that she was so impressed with them that she wouldn't be going with any of the others. She got quotes ranging from £2000 - £6000 so it is definitely worth shopping around
Old May 19th 2005, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

We used Crown as well, once from Dublin to Auckland, and then later on again from Auckland to Wellington. We found them better on the international move. With the domestic move they messed up the packing dates at first and then werent able to confirm our required delivery date. However, after a bit of butt kicking it worked out fine.
Not the cheapest however.
Like I said , we did find them good on the international move.
Old May 20th 2005, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by newkiwi
We used Crown as well, once from Dublin to Auckland, and then later on again from Auckland to Wellington. We found them better on the international move. With the domestic move they messed up the packing dates at first and then werent able to confirm our required delivery date. However, after a bit of butt kicking it worked out fine.
Not the cheapest however.
Like I said , we did find them good on the international move.

Hi to everyone who used Crown Removals........how about a link for their web site and or main telephone number in the UK and/or NZ?

I put in a search and seemed to only come up with a company that seemed a small local removal company not an int'l carrier!!!!

Cheers,

Dave
Old May 20th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Steve'N'Serena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paladin
Hi to everyone who used Crown Removals........how about a link for their web site and or main telephone number in the UK and/or NZ?

I put in a search and seemed to only come up with a company that seemed a small local removal company not an int'l carrier!!!!

Cheers,

Dave
Hi Dave
I am just doing a bit of searching around for crown and came up with this give it a look and let me know what you think
www.crownrelo.com or phone 0800227696
hope this helps
Steve
Old May 20th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve'N'Serena
Hi Dave
I am just doing a bit of searching around for crown and came up with this give it a look and let me know what you think
www.crownrelo.com or phone 0800227696
hope this helps
Steve
Hi Steve,

Nice one!!! Looks more like it doesn't it!

Cheers,
Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.