Removal companies

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Alex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really nice
Default Re: Removal companies

Hi ,
Just thought i would add our experience with Crown who moved us into our rental last week....
THEY WERE A NIGHTMARE !!!!
They subcontracted another removal company to bring our stuff, without our knowledge.We were to have a full unpacking service, which they did not do, as the men had to play rugby, they were 1 day later than the planned removal date due to "administrative" problems.
It was a company move, and believe it or not we had to use them before with a company move, and had similar problems...so it did not surprise us, but it is very stressful, I therefore would reccomend that you NOT use Crown.
Good Luck with the move, so far we are loving it.
Alex x
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

we have a stand up dyson and its the easiest thing in the world to strip, wash and reassemble. it looked like new when i'd finished-and still works!!!!. why buy another if its not broken?

although our cleaner is struggling with it!!!!

Last edited by Joshlin; Jun 3rd 2006 at 1:03 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Bring everything you can... things will be expensive to replace.... more so than you think.

We used Hadley & Ottaway from Norwich and they were excellent..... I praise them time and time again on here.... great crew.... very professional.... dont sit down whilst they are there as they move through your house like a whirlwind, wrapping and recording everything and youll get wrapped up too!

The company they used in Auckland was The Moving Company and they were good too.... nice bunch of lads to help us unpack and they come back to get the rubbish whenever you want them too.

I bought a vac here and I hate it.... its total crap and is literally falling apart after one year of use. Its a Kambrook I think. If you can clean and bring the Dyson then do so.

Last edited by SarahB; Jun 3rd 2006 at 9:21 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 2:32 pm
Banned

Empty web roar is an unknown quantity at this point

stick the dyson through the dishwasher

but dont leave it behind a door like i did

bring EVERYTHING but bear in mind new goods are subject to GST, so take it out of the box
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by waynepfry
You must of read my mind, i had this conversation with hubby just this morning!!!
we have decided to ship everything except the vac not a good idea i hear.
so which way shall we do it?
jane
We were going to send first and then follow a month later, but decided to send the container a few days before house closes, which we hope happens some time, and then live in holiday home while we source rental home. That way we can have the container move right to the rental house when it clears customs. If you send the container first you could end up paying extra charges including storage for your container which is $455 per month and additional moving costs as your container will have to be removed from storage and moved to your residence.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Squidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really nice

Originally Posted by leggs
Hi.Can anyone recommend a reliable removal company to go to nz?
We used Anglo Pacific and were very impressed with them, they are based in W London. From date of packing to date of arrival it took 6 weeks and that was over Christmas too !! It depends on when a boat is leaving the UK and if you have a full container.
We brought everything over, the only thing we had a problem with was tuning in the TV and Video and sometimes DVD's you rent from the Video shop do not always play.
With regards to packers find out who unpacks for them in the NZ. We had NZ Van Lines do the unpacking here in Tauranga and had a bad experience and I have also heard other people have had a bad experience with them. TAKE OUT INSURANCE it is worth it because even if they break stuff they use that policy to get it fixed.
Best of luck on your move.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharronemery
We used Anglo Pacific and were very impressed with them, they are based in W London. From date of packing to date of arrival it took 6 weeks and that was over Christmas too !! It depends on when a boat is leaving the UK and if you have a full container.
We brought everything over, the only thing we had a problem with was tuning in the TV and Video and sometimes DVD's you rent from the Video shop do not always play.
With regards to packers find out who unpacks for them in the NZ. We had NZ Van Lines do the unpacking here in Tauranga and had a bad experience and I have also heard other people have had a bad experience with them. TAKE OUT INSURANCE it is worth it because even if they break stuff they use that policy to get it fixed.
Best of luck on your move.
We used PSS in the UK and they use NZ vanlines this end - we had no problems with either. our dining table suffered a broken leg but the insurance claim was quickly settled so no probs there either. Oh and we brought everything!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

rita narbett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joshlin
We used PSS in the UK and they use NZ vanlines this end - we had no problems with either. our dining table suffered a broken leg but the insurance claim was quickly settled so no probs there either. Oh and we brought everything!
We are going to be using 'Lund-conlon' in Bedford only £3k for 20ft container, i think thats good price????? Will let you know how it goes. They are coming to pick our stuff up this tuesday, still haven't signed contracts for house sale yet! - Major gamble! Hopefully complete this Friday.

GOD!!!!!! I hope the house sale goes through, hubbys given up job & everything! This could all go tits up!!! :scared:
Old Jun 5th 2006, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rita narbett
We are going to be using 'Lund-conlon' in Bedford only £3k for 20ft container, i think thats good price????? Will let you know how it goes. They are coming to pick our stuff up this tuesday, still haven't signed contracts for house sale yet! - Major gamble! Hopefully complete this Friday.

GOD!!!!!! I hope the house sale goes through, hubbys given up job & everything! This could all go tits up!!! :scared:
Hi

We are in a similar position, I gave my job up a month ago (mostly because I was fed up) but my hubbie is handing in his notice today. We have quotes for shipping in the next week or so, have sold our house only last week, so need confirmation of everything really. So many things can go wrong with selling until you have signed.... I keep thinking up new things that could go wrong and prevent us moving to NZ. I dread the phone ringing at the moment.

Oh well, what's the worst that can happen?!?!? Tauranga here we come - hopefully!

Nicola
Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

KiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to all

We used John Masons to ship all our stuff over - we brought everything!

Our stuff arrived safe and sound and I would highly recommend John Masons as they gave us efficient service from start to finish and we felt very confident that they knew what they were doing. Cost us £3456 for a 20ft container packed to the rafters.

Excellent service this end too from the Moving Company - Jonah Lomu's brother Noah was one of the guys who moved our stuff in - how cool is that?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 8:45 am
Yorkshireman in Welly

CurlyBloke is on a distinguished road

When we were looking for a removal company last year all the expats on this message board were recommend Crown (www.crownrelo.com) and I would wholeheartedly agree. They shipped everything (and I mean everything) over here and there wasn't any damage at all. They also told us when the shipment would arrive and it arrived exactly on cue. Excellent service. They helped so much in the UK too, advised us how to clean the vacuum cleaner, what was worth bringing etc. Another removal company told us that everything would be fumigated on arrival, because that's what they do in Oz. Neither of these statements are true, and Crown told us so.

They are not cheap, but their quote was around the same as Pickfords.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 10:18 am
Just Joined

glasgae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CurlyBloke
When we were looking for a removal company last year all the expats on this message board were recommend Crown (www.crownrelo.com) and I would wholeheartedly agree. They shipped everything (and I mean everything) over here and there wasn't any damage at all. They also told us when the shipment would arrive and it arrived exactly on cue. Excellent service. They helped so much in the UK too, advised us how to clean the vacuum cleaner, what was worth bringing etc. Another removal company told us that everything would be fumigated on arrival, because that's what they do in Oz. Neither of these statements are true, and Crown told us so.

They are not cheap, but their quote was around the same as Pickfords.
I would also highly recommend Crown packers in the UK at least - had them in all yesterday and they were *excellent* - careful, considerate, fun, and very knowledgeable, but most of all amazingly skillful in how they fitted things in!!

I wasn't quite so impressed with the coordination/information I was given between UK and Auckland offcies, but I have yet to see how it works on arrival!