Removal companies

Old Jun 1st 2006, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

leggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Removal companies

Hi.Can anyone recommend a reliable removal company to go to nz?
Old Jun 1st 2006, 9:47 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal companies

Originally Posted by leggs
Hi.Can anyone recommend a reliable removal company to go to nz?
We used PSS and they looked after us brilliantly. I've heard Crown are also v good, but steer clear of Pickfords Never heard anything good about them.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

leggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biddy
We used PSS and they looked after us brilliantly. I've heard Crown are also v good, but steer clear of Pickfords Never heard anything good about them.
Thanks.Not really sure what to take with us.What do you recommend?
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:57 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Everything you have!

If your white goods and electrical stuff are new bring them too. I wouldn't buy specifically to bring over here except for maybe a front loading washing machine though and a few folk are kicking themselves for not bringing big american style smeg fridges etc cos they are still expensive over here.

There's lots of threads on this subject so you could do a search and see what other folk have said
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:11 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leggs
Thanks.Not really sure what to take with us.What do you recommend?
If it's not nailed down then bring it.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
If it's not nailed down then bring it.
ditto , we used crown, should arrive on 12th june, good so far
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:26 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto to all of the above.

We used PSS, they were very good. As was said before, bring everything you can fit in your container. So many things I didn't bring and then wished I had. Most things for the house are more expensive here, especially your washing machines, fridges, tv's and the like. There are also things I wished I had stocked up on ie/ clothes for the kids and shoes in the next size up, makeup and your everyday stuff that you use alot and cant get here.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up PSS........gets my thumbs up!

Agree with Andrew Cross and Biddy, PSS were/are superb.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 1:42 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

how long does it take for stuff to get shipped over?

and in which order do you do the shipping? ship first, and follow a month later, living off paper plates in the meantime??

or ship when you catch your flight, and live off paper plates in NZ?!

always wondered....
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dreamfish
how long does it take for stuff to get shipped over?

and in which order do you do the shipping? ship first, and follow a month later, living off paper plates in the meantime??

or ship when you catch your flight, and live off paper plates in NZ?!

always wondered....
You must of read my mind, i had this conversation with hubby just this morning!!!
we have decided to ship everything except the vac not a good idea i hear.
so which way shall we do it?
jane
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by waynepfry
You must of read my mind, i had this conversation with hubby just this morning!!!
jane
why not the Vac? Poor Henry LOL.
I bought myself one of those push and pull sweepie uppie 'radddadddadddda' things. thinking to myself, i could put that in my suitcase so i can at least sweep the floors in my rented accommodation and not have to buy a hoover.

you saying Dysons dont travel well? or have i misunderstood
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

why not the Vac? Poor Henry LOL.
I bought myself one of those push and pull sweepie uppie 'radddadddadddda' things. thinking to myself, i could put that in my suitcase so i can at least sweep the floors in my rented accommodation and not have to buy a hoover.

you saying Dysons dont travel well? or have i misunderstood
hiya

i love my dyson too ,but new zealand would not like the contents of my vac as i have a very long haired dog!!!!!
It could have some new speices of man eating tick you never no best leave
at home, like the dog will find good loving home.
jane
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:04 pm

hiya

i love my dyson too ,but new zealand would not like the contents of my vac as i have a very long haired dog!!!!!
It could have some new speices of man eating tick you never no best leave
at home, like the dog will find good loving home.
jane
ahhhhhhh, good point, never thought.
might checkout the january sales for a brandnew one
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

ahhhhhhh, good point, never thought.
might checkout the january sales for a brandnew one
Its all exciting stuff, we havnt a clue but we are really looking forward too it now , we fly out in august so we need to get things sorted.
I was hoping to buy a old style house my the sea,but now we have changed our minds ( you need a lot of brass for this) and guess what we havnt.
Now thinking on the lines of a new house about ten mins from beach, with central heating,double glazing,insulation,and one of those vacs that are built into every room oh and a drive big enough for my very large boat and not forgetting the cars.
i will wake up soon and come back down to earth with a very big bump!!!!!!!
what about you?
jane
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:42 pm
Give us a kiss

jane
It's a chicken & egg situation - only you can decide.
If you have a furnished bach for example waiting for you in NZ to rent then you can come out before furniture arrives. If you have bought a house over the internet then you can send furniture out to arrive same time as you. etc.
Lots of permutations and either way you'll be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.