Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Relocation Package Advice

Relocation Package Advice

Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice
Default Relocation Package Advice

Hi there, have any of you had any experience of relocation packages? I have been very lucky in that I've been offered a managerial job in the South Is and they have offered to pay mine and my OH airfare (going to ask for daughter's as well) and relocation expenses up to $8000. The salary is in the region of $75000. Should I be over the moon or wary? Can't decide which emotion fits as this is what we want but with our house not selling we may be a little stuck financially. Is that an ok salary as it's less than my UK one by a fair bit but I know that the cost of living is relevant.

All thoughts welcome
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:50 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation Package Advice

Originally Posted by NermaltheCute
Hi there, have any of you had any experience of relocation packages? I have been very lucky in that I've been offered a managerial job in the South Is and they have offered to pay mine and my OH airfare (going to ask for daughter's as well) and relocation expenses up to $8000. The salary is in the region of $75000. Should I be over the moon or wary? Can't decide which emotion fits as this is what we want but with our house not selling we may be a little stuck financially. Is that an ok salary as it's less than my UK one by a fair bit but I know that the cost of living is relevant.

All thoughts welcome

Someone else may be able to adivise you better of this, but I think I read somewhere about you being taxed on any relocation package offered to you

If not, take it!!!! As you are probably realising by now, this immigration lark isn't cheap, and as they say 'every little helps!!!'
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NermaltheCute

All thoughts welcome
The salary is OK for the South Island. Cost of housing here is cheaper than up in the North Island. We came here and OH had a starting salary of that but he has gone up in salary to the $80+ salary range. I would say OK start me on that but if i can prove myself to be an asset to your company will you review my salary in 3 months. That's what OH said and has had 2 increases since!!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

The Salary is about normal for a manager, divisional managers would be more, I got $7500 relocation coming from UK and did not get taxed on it, could be a lot worse especially in the South Island, go for it!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Thanks all for your advice, with a few questions answered by the company I'm going for it!