Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Reet, that's it then, summers owa with!!

Reet, that's it then, summers owa with!!

Old Aug 31st 2010, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all
Default Reet, that's it then, summers owa with!!

Come out the house at 6am this morning, I only had a thin layer of FROST on my windscreen!! Not heavy like, just the type that goes with one quick flash of the wipers but frost non the less.

4 degrees on the old temp guage, having said that it's crept up to a whopping 8 degrees now!

Beautiful crisp morning, clear sky but you can just feel that summer has well n truly gone - for good!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:19 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reet, that's it then, summers owa with!!

What the heck?! Where do you live- the outer Hebrides??

You're going to love NZ then- both the places I've lived in (upper NI) summer goes on and on and on
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

that could have been christchurch last week
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Moses65 is an unknown quantity at this point

N that reminds me why I love NZ so much. Frosts in August and I used to call that summer lol. Im happy to have suffered a few days rain coz Jim the weather predicts blue skies n sun for us tomorrow.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
What the heck?! Where do you live- the outer Hebrides??

You're going to love NZ then- both the places I've lived in (upper NI) summer goes on and on and on

Very close, Gateshead!

Its the very bottom of a valley though so tends to be very misty/fresh on a morning, usually clears up by 11 ish, if were lucky!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:23 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

What do you expect living oppp North!

Its warm and sunny in the south...
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Flamey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by danjones1
Agreed! Spent all day yesterday on the beach topping up my tan

Today good enough for the beach too......!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

get your sunglassess out - your gonna need them
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

Summer over? When did it start?

I remember a few days of sun in May.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:43 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from last week its been, and still is a lovely summer!!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danjones1
What do you expect living oppp North!

Aye, but there all soft southern shandy drinking poofs one you get past Birmingham

Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:20 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Well you'll be arriving here just in time for spring and two summers back to back

Gateshead, my only memories of there are of the Metro Centre. My mam used to drag us round there when she wanted to go on a more extravagant shopping trip Being a typical teenager I just wanted to stay at home and not have the endless arguments over why I didn't like that 'nice' dress/top/skirt...

To this day I am one of those rare beasts- a female who hates shopping
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:27 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
To this day I am one of those rare beasts- a female who hates shopping
Shopping bores the heck out of me.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:45 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Shopping bores the heck out of me.
Oooh another one, I can't bear it and only bother if I absolutely need something. Mr S has said that one of the things that attracted him to me was my inability to spend more than ten minutes going round the shops before suggesting doing something more interesting!
Hate food shopping as well, I must hold the record for being the fastest in and out of the supermarket...
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:01 am
---

Originally Posted by Persephone
Oooh another one, I can't bear it and only bother if I absolutely need something. Mr S has said that one of the things that attracted him to me was my inability to spend more than ten minutes going round the shops before suggesting doing something more interesting!
Hate food shopping as well, I must hold the record for being the fastest in and out of the supermarket...
Husband does the food shop as often as feasible because I feel like crying when I have to go and then do a really bad job of it . Fortunately we both dislike ambling round shops, the only exceptions being shops selling things of a wholly practical nature when you need something specific and getting the kids' Christmas presents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.