British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Reet, that's it then, summers owa with!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/reet-thats-then-summers-owa-683460/)

Toon_Nut Aug 31st 2010 7:52 am

Reet, that's it then, summers owa with!!

:(

Come out the house at 6am this morning, I only had a thin layer of FROST on my windscreen!! Not heavy like, just the type that goes with one quick flash of the wipers but frost non the less.

4 degrees on the old temp guage, having said that it's crept up to a whopping 8 degrees now!
:)

Beautiful crisp morning, clear sky but you can just feel that summer has well n truly gone - for good!

bourbon-biscuit Aug 31st 2010 8:19 am

Re: Reet, that's it then, summers owa with!!

What the heck?! Where do you live- the outer Hebrides??

You're going to love NZ then- both the places I've lived in (upper NI) summer goes on and on and on :shades_smile:

dubstar Aug 31st 2010 8:22 am

that could have been christchurch last week

Moses65 Aug 31st 2010 8:47 am

N that reminds me why I love NZ so much. Frosts in August and I used to call that summer lol. Im happy to have suffered a few days rain coz Jim the weather predicts blue skies n sun for us tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Toon_Nut Aug 31st 2010 8:54 am

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit (Post 8815393)
What the heck?! Where do you live- the outer Hebrides??

You're going to love NZ then- both the places I've lived in (upper NI) summer goes on and on and on :shades_smile:

Very close, Gateshead! :lol:

Its the very bottom of a valley though so tends to be very misty/fresh on a morning, usually clears up by 11 ish, if were lucky!

danjones1 Aug 31st 2010 9:23 am

What do you expect living oppp North!

Its warm and sunny in the south...

Flamey Aug 31st 2010 10:21 am

Originally Posted by danjones1 (Post 8815514)

Agreed! Spent all day yesterday on the beach topping up my tan :D

Today good enough for the beach too......!

bolton1 Aug 31st 2010 10:32 am

get your sunglassess out - your gonna need them :thumbup:

Mrs Pointer Aug 31st 2010 10:44 am

Summer over? When did it start?

I remember a few days of sun in May. :thumbdown:

MnB Aug 31st 2010 2:43 pm

Apart from last week its been, and still is a lovely summer!!

Jan n Neil Aug 31st 2010 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by danjones1 (Post 8815514)
What do you expect living oppp North!

Aye, but there all soft southern shandy drinking poofs one you get past Birmingham

:ohmy:

Persephone Aug 31st 2010 11:20 pm

Well you'll be arriving here just in time for spring and two summers back to back:)

Gateshead, my only memories of there are of the Metro Centre. My mam used to drag us round there when she wanted to go on a more extravagant shopping trip;) Being a typical teenager I just wanted to stay at home and not have the endless arguments over why I didn't like that 'nice' dress/top/skirt...

To this day I am one of those rare beasts- a female who hates shopping:rofl:

bourbon-biscuit Sep 1st 2010 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 8817353)
To this day I am one of those rare beasts- a female who hates shopping:rofl:

Shopping bores the heck out of me.

Persephone Sep 1st 2010 12:45 am

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit (Post 8817443)
Shopping bores the heck out of me.

Oooh another one, I can't bear it and only bother if I absolutely need something. Mr S has said that one of the things that attracted him to me was my inability to spend more than ten minutes going round the shops before suggesting doing something more interesting!
Hate food shopping as well, I must hold the record for being the fastest in and out of the supermarket...

bourbon-biscuit Sep 1st 2010 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 8817488)
Oooh another one, I can't bear it and only bother if I absolutely need something. Mr S has said that one of the things that attracted him to me was my inability to spend more than ten minutes going round the shops before suggesting doing something more interesting!
Hate food shopping as well, I must hold the record for being the fastest in and out of the supermarket...

Husband does the food shop as often as feasible because I feel like crying when I have to go and then do a really bad job of it :o . Fortunately we both dislike ambling round shops, the only exceptions being shops selling things of a wholly practical nature when you need something specific and getting the kids' Christmas presents :wub: