Recession

Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all
Default Recession

Hi there, on the phone there early hours to my good mate. Hes in Auckland working etc,etc. He reckon the recession is starting to kick in now over there petrol,blah,blah. In so much as hes talking about going to work in Oz mining?
I asked him was it really that bad over there and he seems to think so,bear in mind he is single and still feeling the pinch. Reckons hes working a good 64 hours roughly to make ends meet? Will people be going from one struggle to another do u think with the big move?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all
Default Re: Recession

both economies are tanking

and working in the oz mines aint exactly a bed of roses
Old Aug 4th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

True that Eddie,i think my mate is after big money dont know much about the mines myself but wouldnt like to see him come unstuck. Failing that hes looking to move to Tauranga,i think hes had a gutsful of Auckland.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick2007
Hi there, on the phone there early hours to my good mate. Hes in Auckland working etc,etc. He reckon the recession is starting to kick in now over there petrol,blah,blah. In so much as hes talking about going to work in Oz mining?
I asked him was it really that bad over there and he seems to think so,bear in mind he is single and still feeling the pinch. Reckons hes working a good 64 hours roughly to make ends meet? Will people be going from one struggle to another do u think with the big move?

According to the headlines today on the internet, the treasury confirms that the country is in recession. Same everywhere I think. It will pick up though as it always does. Yes you will struggle but you have to think is it better to struggle in a new life or keep on struggling by in the UK
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patrick2007
I did that. Moved to NZ nearly a decade ago and moved to Oz to work for a mining company last year.

AU$60,000 per year with no Australian work experience compared with NZ$36,000 with no NZ work experience. An 8am to 5pm 40 hour week as well.

While Australia is not without problems some serious, at the moment I am happy with Australia.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

I dont know how much research my mate has done but it sounds like u fell on your feet there. (in the mining game) I suppose it all depends on ones lifestyle. As long as u dont set your standards to high i think people can get by in N.Z. so long as they dont live beyond their means.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Practical has a brilliant futurePractical has a brilliant futurePractical has a brilliant futurePractical has a brilliant futurePractical has a brilliant futurePractical has a brilliant future

"i think people can get by in N.Z. so long as they dont live beyond their means"

Don't wish to shock you ,but you can do this most places ! Problem a lot of people have is they don't know how to live like that because they have little experience of it unless they are of a certain age grouping. Even the poorest of my tenants over the years have had a level of lifestyle that would appear to be affluent to many parts of the world. It's all down to perspective and expectations which are rather skewed towards materialism in many people.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

The thing to realize is money doesnt go too far in N.Z. you never seem to have much left over,but if u can get by my own opinion is its much better in N.Z. I had friends over there that managed money a lot better over here,when they got over there they struggled like hell from living beyond there means and i mean struggled.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

I think it is expensive here, but I do agree, quality of life is better.
The only thing that I find really hard is not being able to get cheap flights and leave the country for a trip so easily. Didn't think that would bother me but does.
Also, cost of gas and electric in winter is massive. Actually really high considering we dont have central heating.

The recession probably will have a huge effect here in NZ, but then, the rest of the world is in the same boat.