British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   The Really Useful Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/really-useful-thread-302987/)

P2L Oct 29th 2006 12:01 am

Re: My Shipping quotes

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hi Helen,

I got a CD-Rom from PSS with a registration PIN?

Me too !!! Worth a call to PSS cos you get discount on the site for car hire etc

dreamfish Oct 29th 2006 7:29 am

Originally Posted by helinuk
HI Caroline
I tried to register but it kept going to 'contact us' page. Have you managed to become a 'member' and login to retrieve the information?

the registration process is pants - i noticed this too. But if you look carefully, it says "welcome Katie" - i think under the login box. Then if you want to go into the properties link for example, it asks you to login again.

Pretty daft! HTH, Kate.

Jack The Lad Nov 9th 2006 6:14 pm

Re: The Really Useful Thread

THIS is a thread I started a few years ago. Some of the links may be dead but the majority should be fine :)

andy&georgina Dec 6th 2006 3:50 pm

Hi All

Incase you need to ring NZ House (09069 100 100):

If you press *9 when it connects you will get through to operator without having to listening to all the options..

G :)

Jack The Lad Dec 6th 2006 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Hi All

Incase you need to ring them (09069 100 100):

If you press *9 when it connects you will get through to operator without having to listening to all the options..

G :)

I take it thats for NZIS?

:)

andy&georgina Dec 6th 2006 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
I take it thats for NZIS?

:)

NZ House - yep :) All edited for you now sir :D

dreamfish Dec 9th 2006 9:01 pm

01344 716 199 Standard rate option for NZ House London :D takes you to same place, but wont cost £1 a minute!!

Littletoe Dec 13th 2006 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by dreamfish
01344 716 199 Standard rate option for NZ House London :D takes you to same place, but wont cost £1 a minute!!

WOW! That's awesome! Thanks for that!

Maz Dec 23rd 2006 9:19 pm

Holiday homes on the Kapiti Coast, with many grateful thanks to poppets, who supplied this information:

Maz Dec 30th 2006 7:39 pm

Cheap place to stay in Wellington, right opposite the train station (how does $90 a night sound for a family of 3?): Wellington Downtown Backpackers. It's in an old art deco hotel. :)

Maz Dec 31st 2006 4:31 pm

The New Zealand Road Code

dreamfish Jan 5th 2007 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4238561)

Head - bang - wall - hurt - the give way rule:
  1. If you are going straight ahead, give way to all vehicles coming straight through from your right.
  2. If you are turning, give way to all vehicles not turning.
  3. If you are turning left, give way to vehicles coming towards you that are turning right.
  4. If you are turning right, give way to vehicles on your right that are turning right.
  5. If you are leaving the path of the centre line, you are turning. You must give way to vehicles that are following the centre line.
so do you ever get around to making your manoevre then?!! :eek:

Littletoe Jan 7th 2007 10:19 am

I used nzcity.co.nz as my homepage, it has all the national headlines, weather,etc, you can personalise it as well. Also, I've downloaded desktop pictures from www.vnz.co.uk, bit sad of me, but there are some gorgeous scenes, too keep you inspired on a miserable, rainy day ;)

spackster Jan 10th 2007 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 4057433)
Me too !!! Worth a call to PSS cos you get discount on the site for car hire etc

The discount is for car hire through Thrifty, and you can still find cheaper rentals,unless you really want/need to hire through a main chain.

Adie

Mandie Jan 12th 2007 1:22 pm

Just thought i'd share with you all a number to get cheap call to NZ

It's called 'Phonecheap' and works out to be 1p per minute from a BT line...my mum's used it too from another provider and i think was charged the same, but can't be 100% sure on that (i think with other providers the 1p per min's the same but some charge a connection fee...not sure what providers do this or how much they charge)

We were a bit unsure to begin with so did a couple of calls and then waited for the bill to arrive and sure enough we were charged the 1p with no connection fee as we're with BT

So i pay 1p per min to NZ

the number is -

0844 861 3838

you then when they tell you to add the country code

then the number you're dialing but miss off the first 0

so if a number is for example 03 566 4444 (made up no) you will put in 3 566 4444

so all together you'll do

0844 861 3838 (wait for prompt to add rest...then add the number you want to dial...for example) 3 566 4444 followed by # (hash key)

it's really simple and cheap so you can stay on twice as long or ring more often without clock watchin

hope this helps Mandie