Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is it REALLY that crazy?

Is it REALLY that crazy?

Old Nov 28th 2008, 6:17 pm
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of
Default Is it REALLY that crazy?

Totally shocked to see this today.

Blimey
Old Nov 28th 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it REALLY that crazy?

Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon

Blimey
I popped out to a couple of stores and was really suprised at how quiet it was this year...even Best Buy, where there are usually huge lines to pay, was very quiet :-?
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:07 pm
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

OH has just been to the Post Office and said it was the quietest she had EVER seen it.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't go shopping today but a friend went at 4am and said the queues to pay were very long. So I guess either they didn't have any staff working or Mainers don't realise there's a recession...
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey
Despicable, isn't it? So much for the holiday spirit. I was enraged to read that when shoppers were asked to leave, many refused saying that they had been in line since the day before.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:20 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey
It was quiet this year, I was at the front of the line of our little walmart and got me a cheap blu ray player. Still had to do some running though. Some bigger guy came screaming past me to get a big tv he knew there were only 2 of.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kins
I didn't go shopping today but a friend went at 4am and said the queues to pay were very long. So I guess either they didn't have any staff working or Mainers don't realise there's a recession...
I would have trouble going shopping at 4.00pm let alone 4.00am

Not one to get in line, in fact more than 5 minutes at a register and I just leave the cart and walk out. If they want my custome they can open one of the 15 empty registers
Old Nov 29th 2008, 1:20 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

stores in columbus were all heaving - but we didnt even leave the house til after 11am so no idea how early it started. All the carparks were full etc and lots of shopping bags being carried.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:51 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Black Friday is the one day I always plan not to go shopping.
Tried it once and don't want to try that again. It seems everyone I know here has done it once or twice in the past and vows not to leave the house again on BF.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I just can never ever understand this kind of thing. What kind of utter subhuman mongs can behave like this?

I'm sure there is some kind psychological of explanation such as "Mob mentality" or something, but I just don't get it.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
I just can never ever understand this kind of thing. What kind of utter subhuman mongs can behave like this?

I'm sure there is some kind psychological of explanation such as "Mob mentality" or something, but I just don't get it.
Sounds like they may try to prosecute some of the shoppers. I hope they are able to.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

I went a few years ago....NEVER AGAIN!...nothing is worth that madness!!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

The shops should bear some responsibility; what crazy system have they implemented that encourages people to line up all night? I wouldn't go shopping on BF if they were GIVING stuff away.

Does anyone know what the logic is for this setup? Why don't they give these offers during the day? The retailers presumably have some smart people who've decided that offering low prices somehow 'kick starts' the sales season, but ... baffles me!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Is it REALLY that crazy?

OH has just been to the Post Office and said it was the quietest she had EVER seen it.
I had the lightest freight load ever last night, a whopping 382lbs. That's the lowest in 5yrs I've been here on this run. It's normally around 1000+ The UPS ramp at CAE are talking of shutting down sort operations from 11pm - 4am from end of January. Doesn't look like it's gonna be much of a "peak season" for us freight-dogs this year.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

I generally go to Walmart between 8 and 9 a.m. on Saturday. This morning it was much quieter than usual. With only 4 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, it is going to be rough for retailers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.