Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RE: Proud to be Kiwi – a farce?

RE: Proud to be Kiwi – a farce?

Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

kevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nice
Default Re: Proud to be Kiwi – a farce?

Originally Posted by Lexylou
Perthshire, in a town with a big Hydro hotel, I am sure that you know the one. Gateway to the highlands and all that. Love it. Really do. We have everything on our door step here, no or very little crime and only 2 boy racers!!! hahah but with fuel being so expensive they cant really afford to cruise around that much!!!

So a comparison of Scotland to NZ...... Well I am sure that there are LOTS of similaraties. In my very humble opinion, rural Scotland is the UK at its VERY VERY best and it is really not that different to all the good things in NZ. We have a stunning fresh water loch on our door step, stunning stunning landscape, clean streets, little crime, great amenities, the health board up here is excellent, I never have to wait for an appointment at the local surgery and its free. Just call up and get on that same morning. Things are not way way expensive like they are in the south, we have a stunning garden, huge..... a big four bed house with views over the hills and mountains, still driving an old car but not as old as the one in NZ! For me, the best part is that my baby has a clean and safe environment to grow up in. We dont lock our car at night and sometimes even forget to lock the door of the house. I am little over an hour away from the two main cities in Scotland so great for getting my city rush and for much needed nights out and of course shopping, we actually have money to do shopping and nights out as we are earning real money again.

So am I more happy...... yes, I think I am for now. Lots of reasons..... But does it mean that we wont come back to NZ? No..... there is every chance we will come back in the future. We realise that we are VERY lucky having the best of both worlds, living in the UK but with what is like being in NZ. If we were living in a crowed Southern city then I am sure my answer would be VERY different. We would be dying to get out.

Please dont tell many people how nice it is up here. Dont want the southerners coming up with their huge equity and buying all the best houses and pushing up the prices......and I dont want too many more people here than is already here.

Now, am off for a brisk (yes it is cold! - but it is Scotland I said I was living, not paradise) walk with our little NZ dog, I just hope the other dogs dont pick on her for her accent......!!!

Bye for now
Hmmmmmmm, is there a forum for expats to Scotland. Sounds fantastic. Having second thoughts about moving to NZ
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

ah but I dont want anyone else moving here...... The weather is AWFUL so please dont come. You would be much more happy in NZ. Honestly.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

kevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nicekevinhenator is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lexylou
ah but I dont want anyone else moving here...... The weather is AWFUL so please dont come. You would be much more happy in NZ. Honestly.
aahh right, thanks for the advice, it sounds terrible

..but seriously , would you be open to me picking your brain re. Scotland ? you know, for interests sake......

Cheers,

Kev
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

pick away.... send me a pm and i will be happy to help you out. For interest sakes!!