Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RE: Cheap Car Hire from Akl Airport

RE: Cheap Car Hire from Akl Airport

Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:30 pm
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light
Smile RE: Cheap Car Hire from Akl Airport

Hi all,

I am starting to plan our reccie trip to NZ to activate our visas in Feb and was wondering whether anyone has any names of a good cheap car hire companies that we could use.

I have trolled the web but am not sure whether it would be cheaper to to use local rather than international companies.

We are over for 17 days and there are three of us.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Niki
Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all
Default Re: Cheap Car Hire from Akl Airport

Hi Niki

We used Go Rentals when we were over last year and hired a people carrier type vehicle for 7 weeks - because of the length of hire we managed to negotiate a very reasonable price. We had no problems with this company - and so happy to recommend on.

http://www.gorentals.co.nz/

Good Luck with your plans

Lou x
Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Have you searched the forum for info on this? I know a few of us posted various companies then. Cheap isn't always bad, just check for insurance and recovery . Try Jucy and affiliated rentals.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

We were over in Aug 2007 and used this company - www.airportcarhire.co.nz
We chose an older car and had no problems with them at all - they picked us up at AKL airport and drove us to their office in Manukau. Car was fine, price was great!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:34 pm
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

many thanks for your replies I will give them a looksee

Niki
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

We used ACE car rentals who were pretty cheap
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:18 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We used Rent A Dent. Cheap, reliable, and good service.

www.rentadent.co.nz
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of

Hi,

do search on new for car rentals in nz, got everything from cars to campers, used cheap car rental from airport, can't remember there name, but i'll find out, providing you don't mind driving old "heaps" that'l move forward, you can get some good prices.

j.j.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:01 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

CAR RENTALS>>>> How long have you got??

Cheap's not always the best option, may I say??

I am finding that loads of cheap car rentals are basically charging you for old crappy cars... Not sure you'll make it to the end of your 17 nights...

Am loving Europcar (helped by the generous staff discount) but Hertz, Avis & Thrifty are out here too and fairly priced... Juicy's car are usually pretty recent too!

You dont want to drive round in a 10yrs old car, now do you??
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:40 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

ace rentals get my vote too - they were ace! have used a2b before but i reckon the average age of their vehicles is at least 15... doesn't always fill you with confidence!!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

We always use www.holiday-autos.co.uk both in Europe and NZ. You get some extra insurance cover free which with most companies you have to pay extra for - but I can't remember for the life of me what it is!

They usually link through to another car hire company - last time in NZ we ended up with a car from Hertz but booked via holiday autos.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx
CAR RENTALS>>>>
Cheap's not always the best option, may I say??

I am finding that loads of cheap car rentals are basically charging you for old crappy cars... Not sure you'll make it to the end of your 17 nights...
You dont want to drive round in a 10yrs old car, now do you??
Hey, we can't all afford new cars honey
We had a 2 week rental of a car with well over 100k on the clock, not a moments trouble, full breakdown cover, insurance ,used very little gas and a lift to and from the airport (only 3mins away). I've driven plenty worse cars in this country, and borrowed far older in NZ from family.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOSO
We always use www.holiday-autos.co.uk both in Europe and NZ. You get some extra insurance cover free which with most companies you have to pay extra for - but I can't remember for the life of me what it is!

They usually link through to another car hire company - last time in NZ we ended up with a car from Hertz but booked via holiday autos.
We just used them in Italy, they were great and the cheapest with free second driver
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:13 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx
...You dont want to drive round in a 10yrs old car, now do you??
makes you sound like one of the 'Jones'

Have you not noticed just how many of us ARE driving around in 10yrs+ old cars?
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beetrooper
Hi all,

I am starting to plan our reccie trip to NZ to activate our visas in Feb and was wondering whether anyone has any names of a good cheap car hire companies that we could use.

I have trolled the web but am not sure whether it would be cheaper to to use local rather than international companies.

We are over for 17 days and there are three of us.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Niki

The best and cheapest I've found is A2B

www.a2brentals.co.nz/

My family always rents from them when they come here, they're really good and have a depot at the airport, well, out that way, they have a courtesy service to bus you to your rental car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.