Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RANT - bloody school

RANT - bloody school

Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:52 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RANT - bloody school

I am so so pee'd off with the school and lack of communication

apparently the kids are show casing their "elective" and don't get me started on that as I will just explode, today. this from rumours not actual communication from the school. When I ask about it I get told to check out the FB book - err no don't want to add and anyway I might not have FB. So via my email I get told its on at 2.20 THIS afternoon, on asking the kids they think its this morning so I email back asking how long it will take and where as need to set things up for work at 2.30, I work at the After School Care programme run at the school, just to get a email back stating if I have a problem with it I need to discuss with the Acting Head - WTF is that all about. Seriously seriously not impressed with anything this school is giving my kids or not in the main
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 9:04 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RANT - bloody school

I've worked in out of hours services in schools and many times I was left out of the loop in the planning, mainly because the teachers were so focused on their classroom. I suggest you sit calmly with the Acting Head and work out a system where teachers can inform you properly when they do something that will affect your work. It is frustrating, but it is probably forgetfulness rather than any deliberate act. I found that attending staff meetings helped to make me more visible to teachers - is this an option? Maybe you could suggest it to the Acting Head.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 9:16 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for a calm and balanced response.

I have tried believe me, The Head won't even adhere to the agreed policy and procedures, the acting Head is useless to be honest. The ASC has previously been run more like a club than a body that has T&C's Policies and Procedures to adhere to and Government guide lines to maintain. I've taken over the Management and found all these problems and are trying to put right and run properly yet no one wants to accept that the way before was not good.

I shall do as suggested and ask that if there are things that will have some effect on my starting/running/ending of the programme I am invited to the meetings rather than a teacher telling me that the Head has told her to tell me to close early/start later etc
Old Sep 29th 2013, 10:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

How did this go?

Is it sorted now.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:11 am

1/2 term Bevs so nothing will happen til we go back. Don't want to email the Head as not sure one will get it it, the actual Head or the acting.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:35 am
`

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
1/2 term Bevs so nothing will happen til we go back. Don't want to email the Head as not sure one will get it it, the actual Head or the acting.
Oh ! Can you tell I only have ducks, hens and a cat.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Oh ! Can you tell I only have ducks, hens and a cat.
You forgot the HUSBAND, or was that deliberate??????????????????
Old Sep 30th 2013, 9:41 pm
`

No. I actually forgot about him.