Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Question about Bachelors Degree

Question about Bachelors Degree

Old Sep 12th 2014, 5:18 am
Just Joined

ENGZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about Bachelors Degree

i work in IT for 8 years now. but my bachelor degree is not related to the IT field. is this consider a problem while NZQA assess my degree? and does this make a problem to apply for EOI afterwards

regards
Old Sep 12th 2014, 7:21 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Bachelors Degree

My husband is in IT and his degree was in Archaeology, means he couldn't claim for the points for the skills section but he could lesser points for the degree. You don't have to get it assessed unless it was not gained by a recognised establishment. Make sure you check the list carefully as at first we couldn't find husbands establishment on there but it was there just written in a slightly different way to what he called the place
Old Sep 12th 2014, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

ENGZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about Bachelors Degree

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
My husband is in IT and his degree was in Archaeology, means he couldn't claim for the points for the skills section but he could lesser points for the degree. You don't have to get it assessed unless it was not gained by a recognised establishment. Make sure you check the list carefully as at first we couldn't find husbands establishment on there but it was there just written in a slightly different way to what he called the place
thank you, you made my day!
but could you explain more to me what do you mean by claiming points for the skills section. ?

also if there any similar cases for other members please share your experience with me. thank you all for the advice.

Last edited by ENGZ; Sep 12th 2014 at 9:15 pm.