Qualifications

Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:41 pm
INTERNATIONAL GETTO PIMP.

lazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the rough
Default Qualifications

Hi.
Just filling out my EOI forms using my gas qualifications as the main skill in our application, However my wife has certificates(city and guilds) from about 15 years ago for baking and cake making, but she never took it up as a career as i got her pregnant.
The question is are they actually worth anything and worth getting assessed as part of the application or will they count for nothing as she hasnt never persued that career...

Kind Regards.. Chris and Family
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:35 pm
INTERNATIONAL GETTO PIMP.

lazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Qualifications

Bump.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:09 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't need to pursue the career, but you'll have to pay for NZQA to let you know if it's worthwhile.
You can check on the NZIS website to see if it's on the straightforward "worth points" list, but I'd say the odds are against it.
However, with the immense number of bakeries here, I'd guess it'd be worth the cash.
Good luck
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:21 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by lazzasurf
Hi.
Just filling out my EOI forms using my gas qualifications as the main skill in our application, However my wife has certificates(city and guilds) from about 15 years ago for baking and cake making, but she never took it up as a career as i got her pregnant.
Sounds energetic.

Originally Posted by lazzasurf
The question is are they actually worth anything and worth getting assessed as part of the application or will they count for nothing as she hasnt never persued that career...Kind Regards.. Chris and Family
Yes. They should be worth 20 points.
If they are a standard C&G certificate 1 & 2 or around the C&G/NVQ level 3 then NZIS will accept this. It would be equivalent to the NZIS register level 4 required. You should not need to have them assessed by NZQA. Bakers is one of the trades that do not require NZQA assessment.