Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Qualification Assessment Needed, Help!

Qualification Assessment Needed, Help!

Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:51 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future
Default Re: Qualification Assessment Needed, Help!

Originally Posted by chay and kerrie
hi,Dave
my qualification is NVQ 1&2 in carpentry and joinery in which i have passed and got my certificate for this was back in 1993-96 it was defiantly an apprenticeship i have been in contact with city and guilds an the only thing they can think of is that the company i was working for did not sign of my apprenticeship in which i did not no at the time,a fault of the company i was working for (don't no)but seems to be very common with people applying to get in to New Zealand don't understand i have got the qualifications they need and 13 years of work to prove CRAZY I'm going to e-mail the bloke that Cindy said and see what he says thanks for reply let you no this is stressful!!!! what they
Yes, it does seem generally that some employers don't tie up the loose ends and sign off the apprenticeship. Of course, you probably didn't know you were coming to NZ back then hence it was probably less of an issue that you knew to chase it up.

C&G will try and help out, but as I said on a previous post it's not usually them that control/sort out the apprenticeship. However the qualifications show that you did the course anyway so hopefully something will be sorted out for you.

Good Luck!!!!

Dave
Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:42 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Hello Peeps!

We are back from our holidays and have had a fantastic time and are all lovely and sunkissed.....and bloomin' freezin!!!!! First night back saw the central heating switched on!

I've been reading the threads trying to catch up with what has been happening to everyone, and what a lot to read too.

Congratulations to all of you who have been 'accepted', a big relief all round I am sure! Good luck to those waiting to receive their decision, and I enjoyed reading about Pinkies trip to the Big Smoke.....how I larfed when your OH asked for the return route planner!!! Having driven round London many times I can just picture you lot trying to get out!

Jan, can I ask how you got 'successful' as before we left you were still waiting for news on your qualifications? It must be exciting planning to go and so soon, let me know your news please.

We returned to a 'bog standard' automated reply from NZQA telling us how you apply to have your qualifications assessed....der, we know that already. We were'nt too impressed to be honest as we had asked quite a few questions and not one was answered. We have decided to have a couple of days to get ourselves together after the holiday (and put the washing machine into overdrive) and then press on with having our qualifications sorted. Has anyone emailed the Immigration Minister yet and what was the outcome, did he reply? We are thinking of sending an e-mail to him (thanks for the tip Shepslady), but wondered how anyone had got on yet.

Well, guess I'd better put another washer load in, just think of all that ironing that comes with it.... ho hum

Debbie
Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:47 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
Hello Peeps!

We are back from our holidays and have had a fantastic time and are all lovely and sunkissed.....and bloomin' freezin!!!!! First night back saw the central heating switched on!

I've been reading the threads trying to catch up with what has been happening to everyone, and what a lot to read too.

Congratulations to all of you who have been 'accepted', a big relief all round I am sure! Good luck to those waiting to receive their decision, and I enjoyed reading about Pinkies trip to the Big Smoke.....how I larfed when your OH asked for the return route planner!!! Having driven round London many times I can just picture you lot trying to get out!

Jan, can I ask how you got 'successful' as before we left you were still waiting for news on your qualifications? It must be exciting planning to go and so soon, let me know your news please.

We returned to a 'bog standard' automated reply from NZQA telling us how you apply to have your qualifications assessed....der, we know that already. We were'nt too impressed to be honest as we had asked quite a few questions and not one was answered. We have decided to have a couple of days to get ourselves together after the holiday (and put the washing machine into overdrive) and then press on with having our qualifications sorted. Has anyone emailed the Immigration Minister yet and what was the outcome, did he reply? We are thinking of sending an e-mail to him (thanks for the tip Shepslady), but wondered how anyone had got on yet.

Well, guess I'd better put another washer load in, just think of all that ironing that comes with it.... ho hum

Debbie
Hi Debbie - will PM you, think I have bored everyone else significantly this week with my hysteria!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:54 pm
Hanging by a thread

Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Hi Debbie - will PM you, think I have bored everyone else significantly this week with my hysteria!
OK! Looking forward to hearing all about it!
Old Aug 9th 2005, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

chay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant future

Hello Debbie i have emailed the minister to day it was the wrong email add this is his email add <<email removed>> will let you know if get a reply.its worth a try though

kerrie
Hello Peeps!

Debbie

Last edited by Sue; Aug 9th 2005 at 12:41 pm. Reason: Please do not post official's email addresses - send via pm if applicable.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

chay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant future

sorry pressed the wrong button got my little boy crying any way email add is <<email removed>> kerrie
Hello Peeps!

Debbie

Last edited by Sue; Aug 9th 2005 at 12:42 pm. Reason: Please do not post the email addresses of Gov officials - send via pm if applicable.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:07 am
Just Joined

cinderella1329 is on a distinguished road

If anyone wants to know how to prove to Immigration that you have done an apprenticeship, and you are in the hair and beauty trade, then HABIA are the people you need to get in touch with.
As standard, when you receive your C&G parts 1 & 2 NVQ Certificate, you should also receive something called a 'HABIA FRAMEWORK', which is a certificate documenting that you have completed an FMA or AMA (apprenticeship).
City & Guilds are not responsible for this side of your qualification and in most cases cannot provide you with the required documentation. HOWEVER, they just might be able to pass you on to the right people, i.e with myself it was HABIA, so its worth giving them a call and explaining you situation.

Hope this helps XX
Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:28 am
Hanging by a thread

An update on our qualification assessment.

Graham rang NZIS on Friday and spoke to a different lady who was very nice (the person who was dealing with our case had left while we were on holiday). It appears that Rediffusion, the company Graham worked for while serving his apprentiship, may have not signed off his completion therefore we will need to have the assessment carried out. As Rediffusion closed down a long time ago there is no-one who can confirm this, so we have today completed the pre-assessment form online. It said we should hear within 10 days. So now we wait!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 12:09 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Graham rang NZIS on Friday and spoke to a different lady who was very nice (the person who was dealing with our case had left while we were on holiday). It appears that Rediffusion, the company Graham worked for while serving his apprentiship, may have not signed off his completion therefore we will need to have the assessment carried out. As Rediffusion closed down a long time ago there is no-one who can confirm this, so we have today completed the pre-assessment form online. It said we should hear within 10 days. So now we wait!
fingers crossed for you Debbie...
Old Aug 15th 2005, 12:19 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Debbie, we got ours on the 10th day, by e-mail, I don't think they keep people hanging around if that's any consolation.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 2:38 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck Debbie lets hope it all goes well & it doesnt take too long for results to come in......nothing worse than sitting around waiting in anticipation huh?
Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

hello all

we done our assessment and have not heard yet it will 10 working days on Friday its so stressful waiting to hear but no news is good news i keep saying to myself chay is so confidant about it all but I'm finding it all quit hard.but fingers crossed for you both.oh we had a letter from the nz minister on Friday just gone said they would look at the situation(we had said in our e-mail to him that it seems a very common problem this apprenticeship thing)don't think will be able to do anything but at least he replied.
let us know if hear anything
Kerrie

Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:45 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chay and kerrie
hello all

we done our assessment and have not heard yet it will 10 working days on Friday its so stressful waiting to hear but no news is good news i keep saying to myself chay is so confidant about it all but I'm finding it all quit hard.but fingers crossed for you both.oh we had a letter from the nz minister on Friday just gone said they would look at the situation(we had said in our e-mail to him that it seems a very common problem this apprenticeship thing)don't think will be able to do anything but at least he replied.
let us know if hear anything
Kerrie
Whether it will do any good or not at least you got a reply from him & it may have brought this problem to his attention & it might just be something he wasn't aware of. May be too late to help you but could assist in helping others following along behind you so good on you
Hope your assessment results arrive soon.

Best wishes

Shepslady
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:09 pm
Hanging by a thread

Thanks Pinkie, Jan, Shepslady and Kerrie! Yes the waiting is the worst, we could have been waiting in the sun had we done it before we left but never mind, all will be fine in the end......all my dangly bits crossed for luck (cor can you just picture that.......)

Lets hope the Minister can resolve this problem, like you say best to bring it to his attention, well done Kerrie and we will send an email too.

Heard you are having car boot sales Caroline? There's enough stuff in our loft for at least three months of car boots so better get sorting I guess. I'll let you know when we enter then if were not out in two days send in a search party!

'Sparkle goes in search of rope to tie round OH waist for the day he enters the loft from hell......'
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Qualification Assessment Needed, Help!

hi, is there anyone out there that can HELP!!!! quick we have just received our reply from NZQA and they have giving chay a level 3 on the new Zealand register of quality assured qualifications.is this enough (i don't think it is)driving me mad i feel sick and don't no weather to cry or not PLEASE HELP ME!!!i cant ring anywhere all closed at mo thanks Kerrie :
Thanks Pinkie, Jan, Shepslady and Kerrie! Yes the waiting is the worst, we could have been waiting in the sun had we done it before we left but never mind, all will be fine in the end......all my dangly bits crossed for luck (cor can you just picture that.......)

Lets hope the Minister can resolve this problem, like you say best to bring it to his attention, well done Kerrie and we will send an email too.

Heard you are having car boot sales Caroline? There's enough stuff in our loft for at least three months of car boots so better get sorting I guess. I'll let you know when we enter then if were not out in two days send in a search party!

'Sparkle goes in search of rope to tie round OH waist for the day he enters the loft from hell......'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.