Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A productive weekend

A productive weekend

Old Jan 21st 2012, 3:08 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default A productive weekend

In 3 hours I managed to save $43/month by cancelling most of my calling plans (after my spread sheet pointed out they were actually a massive waste of money) and changing my ISP/phone provider (and I get an extra 20GB of data every month as well!). I had been astonished to find it was an average of about $210/month last year which seemed like a massive waste of money.

Given the silly cost of my landline (when did mobile get cheaper than land lines?) if I could get rid of that cost I would as well (Rural zone, no naked broadband yet).

Tomorrow it’s going to be the ruthless slashing at insurance. RUTHLESS!

Now to save my new found fortune staying at home watching BBC iPlayer...or take Miss C out for a few drinks down at the pub? Decisions, decisions .
Old Jan 21st 2012, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A productive weekend

The pub sounds like a very good idea. You need to reward yourself.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 7:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: A productive weekend

I'd have done away with a few home essentials and gone to the pub anyway.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 12:12 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: A productive weekend

Insurance was less successful . I guess my insurance is still pretty competitive.

Maybe I should offer my analysis to other people, now I've untangled my bills and made a spreadsheet that reflects the absurdity of pricing plans, if I get to keep half of the savings made?

For example it turns out I'm in an ADSL2 area but only have a basic ADSL modem, so I called Telecom to ask if I could have a modem letting me have the full speed I pay for. Despit being a good customer for quite a while they would not give me one, however if I was a new customer they would have given me one but because I was already a customer I'd have to buy one. By switching to iHug I will now have the right modem (wireless as well!) as well as a greater data allowance.

How can it be a company could have more incentives to attract than to retain reliable cashcow customers?