Power suppliers

Old Oct 22nd 2013, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Power suppliers

I'm moving into a brand new build rental this weekend and need to set up utilities - does anyone have any recommendations on who I should use for power, I have water heated by a hot water cylinder and a heatpump? There's just 2 of us.

Also are there different water suppliers....

Pus - any advice re broadband and phone and sky etc. would be a real help! Who do other people use?

Sorry if these have been asked before - I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific. It's a minefield out there!
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power suppliers

Water bills in Chch are included in the rates and the landlord pays the rates. We are with Contact energy and have broadband/homephone on Vodafone. Although I've seen Flip (broadband/phone) are doing some pretty good deals at $55 a month (cheap for here).

Last edited by Mark Smith; Oct 22nd 2013 at 4:08 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light

That's great thank you.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 3:33 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

hi. We are with contact for our electricity. Water is paid by our landlord. We have naked broadband with Vodafone. We get 80gb per month for $85. I use that much data skyping my sister!
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

That's what I need - lots of data for skyping!

Old Oct 22nd 2013, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

The power companies seem to offer low user options which are cheaper - how do you know if you're going to be a low user or not??
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly warmer in Chch at the moment, you probably won't be using the heatpump too much. If you spend around $100 a month on elec your doing pretty well, with your cylinder drinking about a third of that. The flip offer is for only 10gb but has no contract.
Personally I'm too tight to get Sky, I don't think there's enough content for the money (check with Vodafone though, they've been advertising broadband with Sky TV - Vodafone red???)
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

We use Powershop, it's great. You buy cheaper deals online or via their app and you track your usage all online. In our 4 bedroom house we use $5 a day.

Have a look at their website http://www.powershop.co.nz/

I think it's the first electricity supplier in the world that operates like this, they keep you up to date via Facebook, they're a slick operation.

If anyone wants to sign up PM me and I'll give you my full name and you get $50 credit and I get $75 added to my account.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

Powershop, Powershop, Powershop every time for me re power companies. Saved over $300 with them in our first year compared to our bills with Mercury.

Their cheapest prices are if you go online and buy blocks of power from their site so if you choose them it's best to be proactive and go on their website. (You can just wait and get a monthly bill, same as other power companies).

There is a website you can compare prices for different companies.

http://whatsmynumber.org.nz

We pay $85 a month for line rental, local calls and 80GB of broadband with Telecom, service is fine. Broadband pricing is getting quite competitive so have a look around.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 5:16 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Powershop and Telecom
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone. Power shop was one I was keen on! Broadband still to he decided....!
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:46 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

We used Telecom for phone and internet.

Contact for electricity and their related gas supplier for gas bottles.
If you do have gas then it's worth seeing if you get a discount for using the same supplier for both. Most do. They worked out the cheapest for us as well. Not heard of Powershop-might be worth looking into for when we return.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

We looked at Powershop but our usage rates showed Contact was the cheapest for us

Don't go with Meridian - unless you want to deal with the most incompetent custmoer service in the world. Think bank/mobile phone customer service centres of England and then x that by 20 = that'll give you the levels of utter shiteness Meridian provide

Genesis are quite good from what i've heard
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys. Thanks Tom - forewarned now!