Potatoes!!!!

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

jaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the rough
Default Potatoes!!!!

Hi

Can anyone tell me which is the best potatoes to make mash without little lumps

I have now tried 2 different type and still not creamy like when i used king edwards back in uk.

Help!!!!

Jan
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:19 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potatoes!!!!

Agira, Desiree, Ilam Hardy, Rua, Karaka, Rocket, Sebago, Maris Anchor, Nadine, Jersey Bennie, Draga, Red Rascal - all good potatoes for mash.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:20 am
Banned

themeggies has a spectacular aura aboutthemeggies has a spectacular aura aboutthemeggies has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to NZ ,this is not the UK and you will never get what you were used to so what you have to do is experiment .We use AGRIS potatoes and just add some salt when boiling and when the fork goes in them without any pressure remove strain add butter and milk and then mash till no lumps are left .trial and error .Welcome to NZ .Been there done that same with yorkshire pud mix .
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaybirdjan
Hi

Can anyone tell me which is the best potatoes to make mash without little lumps

I have now tried 2 different type and still not creamy like when i used king edwards back in uk.

Help!!!!

Jan
We find Nadine the best for mashing.
On the bag is says "not suitable for mashing" but they mash better than the ones that are!!! (no lumps)
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

jaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that
Now on a mission to find best one's