Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pompey where are you?

Pompey where are you?

Old Feb 14th 2006, 11:37 am
Just Joined

manunited is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Pompey where are you?

I will send a longer post when I am a)more sober b)have more time c) at a reasonable hour......but for now...
We are here and I for one love it!! I formerley posted under "Mark and Sarah."

A million thanks to anyone and (reallynearly) everyone I spoke with. Most of what was said on here was accurate, but as in "real" life truths are influenced by experiences and personalities.
I love most things about being a NZ resident so far. Yeah I know its all new and wooooo ooooh! I also can forsee the things that will piss me off in years.months.weeks to come!
My savings from Uk are nearly all gone; oh well. :scared: NOT!!!!
I live in Hawkes Bay, Havelock North to be exact and boy its great. THANKS. I know Nirvana don't exist.
I will be trying my damndest to make this whole thing work for me and my family - people here couldn't have been more friendly.

BoB

Now, to bed.3-1 Pompey. Scousers next.....
Old Feb 20th 2006, 12:53 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pompey where are you?

Originally Posted by manunited
I will send a longer post when I am a)more sober b)have more time c) at a reasonable hour......but for now...
We are here and I for one love it!! I formerley posted under "Mark and Sarah."

A million thanks to anyone and (reallynearly) everyone I spoke with. Most of what was said on here was accurate, but as in "real" life truths are influenced by experiences and personalities.
I love most things about being a NZ resident so far. Yeah I know its all new and wooooo ooooh! I also can forsee the things that will piss me off in years.months.weeks to come!
My savings from Uk are nearly all gone; oh well. :scared: NOT!!!!
I live in Hawkes Bay, Havelock North to be exact and boy its great. THANKS. I know Nirvana don't exist.
I will be trying my damndest to make this whole thing work for me and my family - people here couldn't have been more friendly.

BoB

Now, to bed.3-1 Pompey. Scousers next.....
Well done on your win.....however i was snorkling in the Red Sea at the time!

Sorry you got stuffed by Liverpool though....Ha Ha

Pompeypaul has had some personal problems.....Wife left me and my little boy (14) 8 weeks ago! She left with all the savings, hadnt paid the mortgage for two months, just let me buy her a new car, just re-mortgaged to carry out work on the house....She took that as well!

So i have had a bit of work to do sorting everything out ....most importantly being there for my Lad!

Still lurking on the site though and am enjoying all the debate.

Take care you..all!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Pompey where are you?

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Well done on your win.....however i was snorkling in the Red Sea at the time!

Sorry you got stuffed by Liverpool though....Ha Ha

Pompeypaul has had some personal problems.....Wife left me and my little boy (14) 8 weeks ago! She left with all the savings, hadnt paid the mortgage for two months, just let me buy her a new car, just re-mortgaged to carry out work on the house....She took that as well!

So i have had a bit of work to do sorting everything out ....most importantly being there for my Lad!

Still lurking on the site though and am enjoying all the debate.

Take care you..all!
Bloody hell mate, that all sounds a bit too much. So sorry to hear that and hope you and your lad come through it unscathed. As big uns we cope and adapt to most things, given time. Kids ,we always worry but they are remarkably strong and cope better than we imagine they will.
Hope to hear from you again, but please dont mention the li******l word ever again!

BoB
Old Feb 20th 2006, 5:44 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Pompeypaul has had some personal problems.....
Oh Paul - I hope you are okay given the circumstances.

The year will get better and you have such a great attitude - I wish you all the best.

Carmen.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 6:46 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Oh Paul - I hope you are okay given the circumstances.

The year will get better and you have such a great attitude - I wish you all the best.

Carmen.
Thanks....its got to get better.....never saw it coming after 15 years of marriage......we still want to go to NZ though :-)
Old Feb 20th 2006, 6:46 pm
Nice Tats

Bloody hell mate, that all sounds a bit too much. So sorry to hear that and hope you and your lad come through it unscathed. As big uns we cope and adapt to most things, given time. Kids ,we always worry but they are remarkably strong and cope better than we imagine they will.
Hope to hear from you again, but please dont mention the li******l word ever again!

BoB
Cheers mate ... glad you are liking it over there :-)
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks....its got to get better.....never saw it coming after 15 years of marriage......we still want to go to NZ though :-)
Sorry to hear your news - major shock to the system, but goodonya for staying so positive - hope you and your lad get all the things you wish for.
Vicki
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:42 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul,

So sorry to hear about your news. Hope things are starting to get better for you,although I do know its a long hard road ahead for you.
Will keep you & your son in my prayers. Sorry Im a little late in reading this post, havent had a lot of spare time to cruise the forum of late. Too busy trying to settle in the new addition to our family.

Best wishes & hugs
Cindy
Old Feb 27th 2006, 12:52 pm
Nice Tats

Originally Posted by shepslady
Hi Paul,

So sorry to hear about your news. Hope things are starting to get better for you,although I do know its a long hard road ahead for you.
Will keep you & your son in my prayers. Sorry Im a little late in reading this post, havent had a lot of spare time to cruise the forum of late. Too busy trying to settle in the new addition to our family.

Best wishes & hugs
Cindy
Thanks Cindy.....it gets a little easier every day...there is a really good song by the Kaiser Chiefs called "Every single day i love you less and less" it rings really true for me.

Had my first dates for 15 years the other day (and first kiss's)..........

Take care
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:25 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Cindy.....it gets a little easier every day...there is a really good song by the Kaiser Chiefs called "Every single day i love you less and less" it rings really true for me.

Had my first dates for 15 years the other day (and first kiss's)..........

Take care
Hi Paul
Well it sounds like you are slowly getting back into the swing of things. First dates & kisses good for you!! Thats got to be rough after such a long time but they say it all comes back to you eventually, kind of like riding a bike, or so they tell me.
Remember one day at a time huh?
Cant say Im familiar with that song but get the gist of what youre saying. Hang in their mate tomorrows another day

Take care

Cindy
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Good luck to ya mate!
Have several mmates in similar boat - I'm sure we all have - and it gets better and they have all gone on to meet new partners and be happy etc etc. If it takes a few trys finding the right person, well enjoy the moments eh!
Things will surely be ok. You might want to consider changing yor team too eh? Tho like they say, you can change job, change your religion, your politics, even your partner! BUT you can never change your football team!!!Look after the lad first and foremost.
Good luck.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 12:15 pm
Nice Tats

Good luck to ya mate!
Have several mmates in similar boat - I'm sure we all have - and it gets better and they have all gone on to meet new partners and be happy etc etc. If it takes a few trys finding the right person, well enjoy the moments eh!
Things will surely be ok. You might want to consider changing yor team too eh? Tho like they say, you can change job, change your religion, your politics, even your partner! BUT you can never change your football team!!!Look after the lad first and foremost.
Good luck.
You are right.....your team picks you! i first went to pompey when i was 8 we were in the old third division and we got beat 0:3 by leyton orient....i thought we were the dogs B*llocks ...still do!

Looking forward to life in the Fizzy pop league........

Out with the old life in with the new life..me and Dennis are new people more confident less restricted....closer to each other...watching each others backs , friends, buddys.....says it all really

Have you considered chanding teams yet?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Pompey where are you?

You are right.....your team picks you! i first went to pompey when i was 8 we were in the old third division and we got beat 0:3 by leyton orient....i thought we were the dogs B*llocks ...still do!

Looking forward to life in the Fizzy pop league........

Out with the old life in with the new life..me and Dennis are new people more confident less restricted....closer to each other...watching each others backs , friends, buddys.....says it all really

Have you considered chanding teams yet?

NO,NEVER! But have considered changing lots of other things......
Moving out here was one of them, I feel so much better.
Of all the things I miss,its United that I really miss.The whole package.

I work with a lot of Maoris and enjoy listening to them tell me about their culture and heritage.Equally,they are fascinated by my stories spanning over 36 years of the love passion loyalty and inspiration I feel for MUFC. They show me their iwi markings and I can show them my United tattoos. I argue I am from a bigger global family - which has almost got me in hot water!!
Are you and Dennis still looking at movin to NZ?
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:34 pm
Nice Tats

NO,NEVER! But have considered changing lots of other things......
Moving out here was one of them, I feel so much better.
Of all the things I miss,its United that I really miss.The whole package.

I work with a lot of Maoris and enjoy listening to them tell me about their culture and heritage.Equally,they are fascinated by my stories spanning over 36 years of the love passion loyalty and inspiration I feel for MUFC. They show me their iwi markings and I can show them my United tattoos. I argue I am from a bigger global family - which has almost got me in hot water!!
Are you and Dennis still looking at movin to NZ?
Yes we are but it will have to wait until he is 18!

The new squeeze is a highly qualified nurse who would breeze into OZ and NZ so ....here is hoping!

I am off to get a pompey tattoo this weekend wiv my bruv....ha Ha