Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pom girl in Auckland

Pom girl in Auckland

Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default Pom girl in Auckland

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd better introduce myself as have joined this forum for a while and never got round to say hi!

My name is Claire, originally from the UK and now living and working in Auckland. I'm in the process of applying for PR (eek!). I have actually been in New Zealand nearly a year and am loving it so far!

Cheers,
Claire
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pom girl in Auckland

Originally Posted by celeliza
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd better introduce myself as have joined this forum for a while and never got round to say hi!

My name is Claire, originally from the UK and now living and working in Auckland. I'm in the process of applying for PR (eek!). I have actually been in New Zealand nearly a year and am loving it so far!

Cheers,
Claire
Hi Claire,

Good luck with the PR...which part of Auckland are you in?

We are currently in Eastern Beach but moving to Pukekohe next week

We've been in NZ for 22 months and loving it
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nukiwi
Hi Claire,

Good luck with the PR...which part of Auckland are you in?

We are currently in Eastern Beach but moving to Pukekohe next week

We've been in NZ for 22 months and loving it
Are you from the UK too? I'm based at West Auckland (Glen Eden) but hoping to move closer to the city in the next few months.

My year in NZ has flown by quickly and still love it (apart from the weather!!). What do you do?
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Are you from the UK too? I'm based at West Auckland (Glen Eden) but hoping to move closer to the city in the next few months.

My year in NZ has flown by quickly and still love it (apart from the weather!!). What do you do?
Yeah I'm from Worcestershire in the UK. This is our third move since we've been here. Hubby works in the CBD and gets the bus at the moment until we move then he will be travelling on the train

I'm a housewife at the moment but hoping to find a part-time job once we are settled into our new rental. Still have a house in the UK which we want to sell once the UK housing market picks up

What do you do?
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:50 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Celezia welcome to the forum. Glad things are going well for you and you are settling into Auckland.
What is it about the weather you are not enjoying?

We are making the move from the UK on 09th August so starting to get just a wee bit stressed

Dewb
Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nukiwi
Yeah I'm from Worcestershire in the UK. This is our third move since we've been here. Hubby works in the CBD and gets the bus at the moment until we move then he will be travelling on the train

I'm a housewife at the moment but hoping to find a part-time job once we are settled into our new rental. Still have a house in the UK which we want to sell once the UK housing market picks up

What do you do?
Nukiwi - I am currently working as an Administrator in Newmarket. I have been on a contract since March and hope to secure something long term once I get my PR.
Dewb09 - The weather here is cold at the moment. We have had lots of rain lately so it's all part of the wintery season! Whereabouts in NZ will you be moving?
Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:20 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Nukiwi - I am currently working as an Administrator in Newmarket. I have been on a contract since March and hope to secure something long term once I get my PR.
Dewb09 - The weather here is cold at the moment. We have had lots of rain lately so it's all part of the wintery season! Whereabouts in NZ will you be moving?
Will be in Nelson initially with the in laws then off to Kapiti coast where we will settle. with the PR

Dewb