Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pom bashing.....your experience?

Pom bashing.....your experience?

Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Buttercracks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pom bashing.....your experience?

Originally Posted by thebears
I have come to the conclusion that Buttercracks is not searching for balanced experiences but stirring.

The appeal for people immigrating to NZ is not the cities and if you check the flight times you should understand before buying your ticket how isolated it is in terms of distance.
Silly comments about stealing the women? where is this coming from the women out number the men - we need all the help we can get Personally and after talking with a few of me mates back in NZ no one has a problem with immigrants coming as long as they are coming to participate and not to take the piss with the welfare system.

Kiwi
I am really looking for some serious answers about what will be a lifelong decision - and one that shouldnt be taken lightly by anyone.

I have read that there are many NZers who are going to Australia and who are able to use the welfare system in both countries but dont really know what the differences are between the two so could you please let me know the difference.

Please dont be so defensive - but be sure to contribute to the post!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:57 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Mate, I live on a small Island here in UK, so the move to NZ is actually enlarging my base. My local town is smaller than the one we're moving to.
Me and Haze came over to have a look round, and as my starting post asked, just wanted to know if people suffered abuse as immigrants. From the replies I've received, I got more abuse for grabbing a local girl when I came here than I will going to NZ. Most migrants are in relationships and have skills to offer. My inability to claim social for two years negates one of the points you tried to make, so as was previously stated, stirring springs to mind.
Secondly, a strong feeling of nationalism is no bad thing. Here our nationalism is now seen as racism and has led to some of the trouble we're suffering at the minute, but at list we're not wearing American blinkers and realise that other countries do actually exist.
Finally, if you feel so negatively about NZ, choose another country. I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms by your intelligent, conversational, handsome/beautiful neighbours as they all run round to tell you how fantastic it is that you've deigned to settle with them.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Doesn't lazy pommes date back to the union strikes?
Something to do with the guy stiring up the trouble was English and I think maybe his name was Pomme? (doesn't sound much of an English name!!!) So maybe not!!!

Have I got this right??? Some help here historians please
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jueinnz
Doesn't lazy pommes date back to the union strikes?
Something to do with the guy stiring up the trouble was English and I think maybe his name was Pomme? (doesn't sound much of an English name!!!) So maybe not!!!

Have I got this right??? Some help here historians please
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alterna..._British#Pommy
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

POM was originally Prisoner of His Majesty,therefore interestingly-the Aussies are the Poms.Not the British.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:09 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buttercracks
One thing I heard from a friend of mine from New York is that Australians put the jumbucks in the tucker bag but NZers put the jumbucks into the sleeping bag. What is that all about?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumbuck

see, I can look up a dictionary too!!!!

Kiwis have the same sort of jokes about Aussies...but we try to use words they can understand, otherwise it sort of defeats the purpose...
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:25 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I have come to the conclusion that Buttercracks is not searching for balanced experiences but stirring.

Kiwi
Amen!
Old Sep 30th 2006, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by danny.f
POM was originally Prisoner of His Majesty,therefore interestingly-the Aussies are the Poms.Not the British.
POHM Prisoner of Her Majesty
POME Prisoner of Mother England

All British sorry to say. They were all British - English, Welsh, Scot and some Irish. Death sentence commuted to transportation to the colonies - be it US (until the War of Independence), Australia or NZ.

Danny what do you know about the NZers and Australians in your neck of the woods - who could you put up with more?
Old Sep 30th 2006, 2:14 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Danny what do you know about the NZers and Australians in your neck of the woods - who could you put up with more?
These definitely dont sound like remarks of someone enquiring in good faith
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:36 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

The appeal for people immigrating to NZ is not the cities and if you check the flight times you should understand before buying your ticket how isolated it is in terms of distance.
Silly comments about stealing the women? where is this coming from the women out number the men - we need all the help we can get Personally and after talking with a few of me mates back in NZ no one has a problem with immigrants coming as long as they are coming to participate and not to take the piss with the welfare system.

Kiwi
Is BC a troll? :scared:
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

POHM Prisoner of Her Majesty
POME Prisoner of Mother England

All British sorry to say. They were all British - English, Welsh, Scot and some Irish. Death sentence commuted to transportation to the colonies - be it US (until the War of Independence), Australia or NZ.

My answer would be typically inner-city,therefore sport-orientated.
My ma and Da were both Irish catholics-therefore downtrodden,always the underdog.
I see huge improvements-and cockiness in the Aussie sports ability/attitude,
cricket,athletics,footy,rugby league/union-and scores like 7-0 against NZ in internationals. Therefore my sympathies would lie with the Kiwis,but based on very shallow reasoning. Not really based on any personal experience.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 4:49 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Is BC a troll? :scared:
I think so.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Batty
I think so.
Dont be so defensive. You are Batty and a little paranoid.

I am trying to understand a whole culture - whether that be a small population like 5 million or 20 million people its important before I decide.

Thanks for the replies - keep them coming,
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:22 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Dont be so defensive. You are Batty and a little paranoid.

I am trying to understand a whole culture - whether that be a small population like 5 million or 20 million people its important before I decide.

Thanks for the replies - keep them coming,
Oh good grief. Understand a whole culture?
A troll.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 9:27 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=danny.f]My ma and Da were both Irish catholics-therefore downtrodden,always the underdog.
QUOTE]

In Liverpool! No!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.