The PM system.

Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default The PM system.

There has been a few enquiries recently about the BE PM system and access so I went and had a bit of a ferk around about this on Site Feedback .

It's perfectly possible to send a PM to a BE user even if the person doesn't have 3 posts . It's just that the person can't pick it up via the BE PM service site and they can't reply. They will be able to read any PM sent to them though, by logging into the email a/c they used for registering with BE. Also, they can send you an email via the BE site to reply to your PM . If you were to reply to that email with an email of your own , then your email address would be viewable by them.

Once they have 3 legitimate posts , then the PM service is fully available. The 3 posts should be legit. It's not OK to make 3 pointless posts to just access the PM service. Any such like posts are usually deleted or merged.

Clear? As mud I spect.

Anyway, hope that helps folks understand about the BE PM service.

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 28th 2008 at 4:25 am.