Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Please Please Please help........

Please Please Please help........

Old May 1st 2007, 8:19 pm
Gooner Till I die

yfbuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Please Please Please help........

Hi everyone, Please can someone help, ..........
A few years ago I was lucky enough to win a Fortnems & Mason Xmas Hamper :embaressed_smile: (So what you may think) in one of thier WICKER hampers, my wife (BLESS) loves it and wants to take it to NZ.
The question is (at last) can we take it, coz it is wicker is it allowed??????
Old May 1st 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Please Please help........

Originally Posted by yfbuk
Hi everyone, Please can someone help, ..........
A few years ago I was lucky enough to win a Fortnems & Mason Xmas Hamper :embaressed_smile: (So what you may think) in one of thier WICKER hampers, my wife (BLESS) loves it and wants to take it to NZ.
The question is (at last) can we take it, coz it is wicker is it allowed??????
Yes you should be allowed no problem. It was not a problem for us when we took ours over and a few other wicker things. MAF came out and checked it when the container arrived and it was all fine. The golf clubs were more of an issue though!!
Old May 1st 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Hi Gooner! We too have a F&M wicker xmas hamper! not sure of the answer but would be interested to hear. We've also got a load of Ikea ones for the childrens toys and would be sad if have to get shot of them all .
Are you not watching the footie at the minute?
Old May 1st 2007, 8:31 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lexylou
Yes you should be allowed no problem. It was not a problem for us when we took ours over and a few other wicker things. MAF came out and checked it when the container arrived and it was all fine. The golf clubs were more of an issue though!!
We were told by Britannia who packed us not to and so we gave it all away! I thought it better to be safe than sorry. (Am now gutted to hear you got yours in!)
Old May 1st 2007, 8:32 pm
Gooner Till I die

Question Re: Please Please Please help........

Thank you , Thank you, Thank you, and my wife thanks you, and my children thank you, we can now sleep at night.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:34 pm
Gooner Till I die

Originally Posted by Leighlou
Hi Gooner! We too have a F&M wicker xmas hamper! not sure of the answer but would be interested to hear. We've also got a load of Ikea ones for the childrens toys and would be sad if have to get shot of them all .
Are you not watching the footie at the minute?
Hi , yes I am , but its not Arsenal, and wife comes first (dont go there)
Old May 1st 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by yfbuk
Hi , yes I am , but its not Arsenal, and wife comes first (dont go there)
You're a bad man!
But pleased to hear Lexylou's answer. (Bet you never thought you'd hear that hey Lexylou! - but I do mean it - thank you, much appreciated.)
Old May 1st 2007, 8:37 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We've recently (within the last 4 weeks) had quotes from five different container companies and all have said no wicker, no basketwear, no dried flowers, seeds, xmas decs with fir cones, etc, etc. Sorry. Pretty crap I know, we've had to sell/give/throw loads of stuff away.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
We've recently (within the last 4 weeks) had quotes from five different container companies and all have said no wicker, no basketwear, no dried flowers, seeds, xmas decs with fir cones, etc, etc. Sorry. Pretty crap I know, we've had to sell/give/throw loads of stuff away.
Oh!!!!!!!! Not so good
Old May 1st 2007, 8:47 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto, when they packed us 5 weeks ago ... maybe they've tightened up on it?
Old May 1st 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

must have changed then. We came over in 2002, and it was ok. We used crown. Also they said to us it was untreated wicker /basket wear etc. Like the stuff you might buy in India or something and bring it home. We also took xmas decorations....... didnt declare them and they never asked or looked.

I am sure that you could find the MAF website somewhere and it might have info on it.

Leighlou, we had/have the same ikea baskets and also underbed ones and we took them all there and all the way back. They were not bothered at all by them, i had all my shoes in them and they were more bothered about them.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:53 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

you can! We took our wicker dog bed, all munched but sentimental, about 6 wicker baskets and various other things - they were all on the itinery and MAF didnt even ask to see them. Also even if they did and werent happy all they would want is to fumigate them .. at a cost) and it would be up to you if you wanted to go with that ...

We were worried about all sorts of stuff, but our MAF man told us that they're not trying to catch people out, their biggest concern is seeds ( this is what he told us) so take it - you have nothing to loose - the absolute worst case scenario is that they will confiscate it if you dont want it fumigated.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:02 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Course you can take your wicker stuff, it's not like it's got strange seed pods hanging off it is it, or is growing a new undiscovered killer bacteria culture.
If you're really worried pack it to the front of the container all together with the other stuff MAF may want to take a look at.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:04 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

must have changed then. We came over in 2002, and it was ok. We used crown.
One of our quotes was from Crown and they said its a complete no no!!
Old May 1st 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

One of our quotes was from Crown and they said its a complete no no!!
as I said, I did it in 2002. So am no expert but I know that we defo took our stuff and then defo brought it back again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.