Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Planning on move to NZ in September 2009

Planning on move to NZ in September 2009

Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Planning on move to NZ in September 2009

Hello people,

My wife and I are planning to move (along with our two boys: 3yrs, and 1yr) to NZ in September 2009 and I thought I'd join in with this forum in seeking a little bit of assistance and of course giving some back if I can, along the journey of getting everything together and making the move possible.

I'm self employed in one capacity but also run my own Ltd company which I'm in the process of trying to sell in advance of moving to NZ, but there's a chance that it may not sell before the move so I've started putting things in place in order that I will be able to run the company remotely from NZ, hopefully short term, but long term if necessary.

I intend to carry on with the self employed (Internet Consultant/Web Developer) role I do, from NZ, operating both in NZ and the UK when we get there, however one of the things I want to achieve from the move to NZ is more time away from my desk and spend far more time with my two boys.

My wife is a Primary School Teacher and she will be the main applicant for the move.

So far, we've just recently (i.e. in the past few days) had her qualifications assessed and returned from NZQA and today she's completing and posting the forms to get registered with the Teacher's Council in NZ so she can start searching for jobs and then we'll then move on to the EOI and so on.

Is anybody else planning a move to NZ in September 2009? It'd be great to share our experiences and the various trials and tribulations that may well come our way, it'll also be good to have friends out in NZ by the time we get there and/or later.

I'll shortly be updating our family website to incorporate a diary of our journey to NZ and will post details of it up here in due course so that anyone who may be interested can read of our experience.

Regards

TheDTB
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:36 am
Just Joined

jerry106 has a brilliant futurejerry106 has a brilliant futurejerry106 has a brilliant futurejerry106 has a brilliant futurejerry106 has a brilliant futurejerry106 has a brilliant futurejerry106 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Planning on move to NZ in September 2009

Hi thetdb

I to am planning to start a new life in NZ not sure when due to selling our house.

I have found this forum very user friendly and all he responses I have had have been very good.

Goodluck
Jerry106
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Planning on move to NZ in September 2009

Originally Posted by jerry106
Hi thetdb

I to am planning to start a new life in NZ not sure when due to selling our house.

I have found this forum very user friendly and all he responses I have had have been very good.

Goodluck
Jerry106
Thanks Jerry, good luck to you too!

We've got to get over the hurdle of selling our house also... we've loosely scheduled to put it on the market in March although we've also decided that if push comes to shove and we're approaching September with no sign of it selling, we'll take it to auction with a reserve price of at least the mortgage settlement figure (thankfully a considerable amount less than what it should realistically sell for) plus auction costs, and simply get what we can for it, above and beyond what we owe on it.

I really don't want to be trying to manage the sale of a house (possibly as well as my business) from NZ