phone interview

Old Jul 8th 2012, 9:47 am
Just Joined

karin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default phone interview

Hi
has anyone had a phone interview before. mine is on wednesday evening, I have no idea what format it will take, or anything at all, starting to panick. so any hints or tips would be great.
thank you
Old Jul 8th 2012, 9:52 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: phone interview

I haven't had one but plenty have. Do a search on here and there should be a number of posts come up about this subject
Old Jul 8th 2012, 9:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: phone interview

Hi Karin, I have had a couple. One for Tamaki ward ADHB (midwife) & got the job, also one for North Shore Hosp & got that too.

The hardest thing is not being able to see any facial expressions & therefore not knowing if you are on the right track necessarily. However, the peeps on the other end are used to interviewing this way & so will allow for that.

They will mention about your knowledge of Bi-culturism ie. Maori/Pakeha. I just admitted that I didn't know too much about it but that I was used to working in a multi-cultural setting (gave them a couple of examples) & that I looked forward to learning about Maori culture & the implications for healthcare.

I'm all for being in comfy clothes & having a glass of wine prior , others will suggest being sober & wearing a suite as you would to a formal interview so that you will feel more professional. As a theatre nurse I'm guessing you will feel more comfy in your PJ's

This has been asked quite a few times before & so I suggest you make use of the <search> function.

Best of British chuck